Thread: Balloon Bop

Balloon Bop

This is a really- and I mean really- fun game for your dog. You should buy a whole pack of balloons at the Dollar Store or another store you know that sells balloons.

*WARNING* Don't buy just one balloon- buy a whole pack just incase if your dog pops the balloon!

Anyway, blow up the balloon and bop it in the air. Your dog will go crazy. He would jump in the air, try to nip the balloon and chase it everywhere!

I use to play this with my dog, Dallas. She loved this game. Sometimes my cat, Angel, would join in the game too!

Just a note: This is only safe if it is well supervised, so the balloon, when it is inevitably popped, doesn't get swallowed or inhaled.
    I've Been Frosted

Up North. Where all your troubles freeze and fall off.
    Some breeds are less prone to get excited by things like this. You can bounce a balloon off Jenny's head and she'll pretend not to notice. Some people think I should be considered lucky to have such a calm dog.
    STILL AVAILABLE BY E-MAIL

Quote Originally Posted by Karen
    Just a note: This is only safe if it is well supervised, so the balloon, when it is inevitably popped, doesn't get swallowed or inhaled.
    Karen is right. You should always supervise your dog while playing this game. Never leave your dog- or any animal- with a balloon!

A few times per year, I go to the party store and buy one inflated balloon, with an extra long ribbon, and bring that home for the cats. Sparkle in particular LOVES to get the ribbon in her mouth and haul that balloon all over the house! Chestnut is afraid of balloons and the noise they make as they bump off the walls and ceiling, so he scurries under a bed until Sparkle is finished. Crystal likes to jump up at the balloon and bop it. Naturally she finds this easier on day 2 or day 3 when it has come down a bit lower than ceiling height.

I do NOT allow them to play with the balloon unless I am watching. Both the balloon and the ribbon are dangerous for cats.

Balloons makes good supervised toys for dogs AND cats!