Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prayers-update pg 2-biopsy surgery :(

Prayers-update pg 2-biopsy surgery :(

We are living with my grandma right now and a few days ago her cat Hagar started limping she thought he maybe sprained it running outside and said she'd give him a few days to heal and if not off to the vets. Well it seemed to get worse so she took him to the vet today and the vet said she thinks its a tumor inside and he may have to have his leg amputated. They did x-rays and some tests and they get the results tomorrow. Please pray he won't have to have his leg amputated. I will post an update as soon as we know.
    Last edited by Jods; 12-20-2006 at 10:48 AM.

Me-24
    Hubby-25
    Daughter Zoey is 2 !!!!
    Jasmine 1 month

I hope Hagar gets to feeling frisky again soon and that her lump is just some harmless swelling.

If it is cancer and they do have to amputate, I hope it's early enough that any cancer hasn't spread. Animals actually do adapt quite well to using 3 legs though.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

GOOD LUCK! Fingers and paws crossed here..

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Oh how awful. Prayers and positive thoughts on the way that precious Hagar will not have his leg amputated. Poor baby.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope that everything goes well and lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

This is what Smokey the Elder had. She adapted very well to having 3 legs. The day I brought her in for the surgery, there were two other people at the vet who had amputee pets, and they both said the animals adapted fine. Good luck.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

well I still have no news my grandma left to go out when I was already out shopping so I don't know if the vet called or not his number wasn't on the phone, but she may have called knowing that she was going out hmmmmmmm Will keep you updated thatnks for the positive thoughts everyone.

Me-24
    Hubby-25
    Daughter Zoey is 2 !!!!
    Jasmine 1 month

Prayers on the way for your grandmums kitty!

We ceratinly are sending a Prayer that Hagar does not lose his leg.
    That would be the best Pet Mas Gift of All.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Well my grandmas home and she is very upset they didn't call she wanted too but wanted to give the vet woman time since she wanted to talk about the results with the other two vets in the building so for now we have to wait till monday Hopefully no news is good news, for now he is still taking an antibiotic since they found white blood cells in the spot.

Me-24
    Hubby-25
    Daughter Zoey is 2 !!!!
    Jasmine 1 month

Lots of prayers going up! We'll all keep thinking good thoughts............
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

well bad news....

Is cancer I am sooo sad, I just got the call and then had to call my grandma at work to give her the news. The vet said there were two options they could remove the leg like they said before and do some tests to see if its invasive and worth removing the leg. They said that if its a cancer that spreads there is no point amputating. He goes in Wed for the biopsy please keep him in your prayers that the leg can be removed and it hasn't spread

Me-24
    Hubby-25
    Daughter Zoey is 2 !!!!
    Jasmine 1 month

Prayers please

You have certainly come to the right place for prayers. Praying that Hagar will come through this without the need for major surgery. Please let us know how he's doing?
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

I'm so sorry to hear that he has cancer. I hope that the biopsy goes well and that it's only in his leg so if it's amputated then he'll remain cancer free. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

I'm praying for Hagar at this time and send wishes and thoughts so that he will get better and not have to go through that operation.
    Meows and Purrs from Jack & Sunny