Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Do you buy Iams?

It's sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human
    It's sarcasm.
    ahh ok. Sometimes it doesn't translate through text in quite the same way. lol

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

nearly every food company does that. dog food includes utters, muscle, tounge, liver everything a human wouldn't eat. think of it this way, when animal is slaughtered they're using the WHOLE animal. not just certain parts.
    I'm A Proud Sister of TWO Pugs

PETA people are sick, freaky, liars. I wouldn't believe them even if they did have "proof". They think they're helping animals when really they are hurting. PETA was sued once because of illegal euthanization or something like that.

I don't feed IAM's because, IMO, it's a low quality food. I don't listen to P.E.T.A and I never will. They kill animals themselves, so they aren't animal rights activist. I am agianst fur coats and stuff like that, but P.E.T.A members threw paint on coats. The animals are dead already and unfortunately nothing can be done so what is the point? They are lunatics and I cannot believe people actually listen to half their crap.

Quote Originally Posted by junescrater716
    PETA people are sick, freaky, liars. I wouldn't believe them even if they did have "proof". They think they're helping animals when really they are hurting. PETA was sued once because of illegal euthanization or something like that.
    I cannot have said it better!

I am not an IAMS advocate, but I have had lots of success with it, on occasion, especially when dieting my two Golden Retrievers. They no longer eat the "blue bag" of IAMS, but they did well on it. Our puppy, Mack, was eating the Iams puppy food when we got him, in May, and he continues to eat that food, with gusto! He is happy and healthy, and I will eventually change him over to what the Golden Girls are eating, but right now, at almost 9 months old, he is still on the IAMS Puppy food and he is doing just fine!

Logan

There are better foods than Iams. There are worse foods than Iams.

There are probably companies that do worse things to animals than Iams, and companies that treat animals better than Iams.

I'm not sure, however, if there is a much more radical, warped group than PETA.

Feed whatever works best for YOUR dog.

Do a lot of independent research of your own before you buy ANY group's rhetoric hook, line and sinker ... especially if that group happens to be PETA.

JMHO
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Up North. Where all your troubles freeze and fall off.
    I'd like to add (from experience) if you have a dog (probably same with cats, but I don't know ) that has a hard time keeping on wieght I would suggest changing to somthing natural, I had Jenny on Iams and it seemed the more of it you fed her, the more wieght she lost.

*note: Do not use this method to try and loose weight, I've tried it, IAMS is horrible tasting, it's dry really crunchy and very salty. VERY bland. (yes, I taste test Jenny's food. )
    STILL AVAILABLE BY E-MAIL

I used to eat cat food when I was little, it tasted just like that.

I just watched a comercial for Iam and it said they put no fillers in their foods.. ????
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Most dog foods have fillers. They just say that so you will buy the product. If you read the dog bible it tells you EVERYTHING about dog food including what they put in it.

Quote Originally Posted by GreyhoundGirl
    *note: Do not use this method to try and loose weight, I've tried it, IAMS is horrible tasting, it's dry really crunchy and very salty. VERY bland. (yes, I taste test Jenny's food. )
    *lol* you should market this as the next big human weight-loss fad - "All Dog Food, All The Time! Watch the Pounds Melt Off!" -- you could make millions on the book tour alone

And yep, i used to hide under the porch when I was really little and share milk-bones with my dog ... mmmm... crunchy!

the Iams diet

(originaly seen in email as the purina diet)

Woman in line behind me askes if I'm buying that big bag of food for a dog?

told her that no, I'm starting The Iams Diet. I told her that it was essentially a perfect diet and that the way that it works is to load your pants pockets with Iams nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry. The food is nutritionally complete so I was going to try it again again although I probably shouldn't -- I had ended up in the hospital last time, but I lost 50 pounds before I awakened in intensive care with tubes coming out of most of my orifices and IVs in both arms.

I have to mention here that practically everyone in the line was by now enthralled with the story, particularly a big tall guy who was behind the woman.

Horrified, she asked why I ended up in the hospital -- had the Purina made me sick? I told her no; I'd been sitting in the middle of the street licking my self and a car hit me.

Up North. Where all your troubles freeze and fall off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Frog
    *lol* you should market this as the next big human weight-loss fad - "All Dog Food, All The Time! Watch the Pounds Melt Off!" -- you could make millions on the book tour alone

And yep, i used to hide under the porch when I was really little and share milk-bones with my dog ... mmmm... crunchy!
    lol. It's true, though. The more I fed her, the lighter she became.
    STILL AVAILABLE BY E-MAIL