Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My 17-year-old son is in the hospital for depression......

my prayers and thoughts are with you, alex and your husband. best wishes fir all of you.
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

YES, you certainly DID do the RIGHT THING by taking him to the hospital! He will get the right combination of meds and feel so much better! It may take some time to find the right mix of what works for him, but when they do, it will make a huge difference in his whole outlook on his life!

HUGS,
    Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

I called the hospital tonight, and he finally came to the phone to talk to me. He told me they had to call a "code gray" on him. I asked him what that meant, and he said he refused to go to his room when he was supposed to, so they called a "code gray" and a bunch of people came in and he ended up being sent to a "quiet room" for awhile. I asked him why he had refused to go to his room, and he said it was because he didn't want to go. I told him that he needs to follow the rules and instructions, and start talking to them about what he's thinking and feeling. He told me he didn't like my attitude, and hung up on me!

I am hurt by his words and actions, but also somewhat angered. It makes it easier to have him there. He needs help. PLEASE continue to keep him in your prayers! He needs all the prayers he can get right now, and so do the doctors and people working with him, so they can figure out what's going on with him and how best to help him!

Thanks.
    Rest in Peace, dear Oreo: April 20, 1997-July 18, 2011
    :Rest in Peace, beautiful Sandi: March 18, 1994-January 23, 2010

::
    Rest in Peace, sweet Angel: July 1, 2001-May 14, 2009

Deb

I'm so sorry to hear about your son. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.