Thread: Zues- One year ago today, RIP

Zues- One year ago today, RIP

Today, One Year ago, My Beloved Zues Was put Down. My poor Baby lasted as long as he could, before he looked in my eyes and told me it was his time to go.
    Zues was Rescued from the Humane Society. We had just Put down our Beloved Zoey, just 3 months earlier, when I decided to go to the Local Humane Society. I walked in and looked at the dogs, and the large rotti in the corner, caught my attention. I left the Shelter, went home and waited for hubby. When Hubby got back from work, i told him about the gorgeous Rotti, that was at the Shelter. He told me he wanted to see him, so we went back.
    We walked back to where the dogs where kept, and there was a guy standing in front of his cage. So we watched, thinking this guy was interested as well. The guy had a Motorcycle Helmet in his hand, and began banging the dogs Cage with it!! So my hubby wlaked over, an gave him a piece of his mind!! The guy said he was looking for a good mean watch dog!! At this time, the Zues was all Worked up, braking, growling, and Covered from head to toe in Slobber. He was the only one barking!
    Hubby sent me to get a worker, while he kept an Eye on the dog. The lady came back, and let Zues out so we could see him. He rushed out of the cage, and just Slimed hubby and myself!! It was hilarious!! he went from this mean, scary looking dog, to a big bear in seconds!!! He was just so sweet, and you could tell he wanted out!!
    We played with him for a little while, then put him back in his cage. We walked to the counter and told the woman we wanted this dog. She told us if we waited till the next day,m they were having a free adoption day! I looked at hubby, he looked at me, and we just told the lady to take our adoption fee as a donation, cause we werent waiting!! There was no way we were gonna loose this dog, to some creap, looking fro a mean guard dog!! that was on a friday, he came home with us on the following monday, after his Neutering!
    Zues was with us for 6 years, and finally said goodbye, at the age of 8. Zues had lost his sight, and was battling tumors, in his neck, and his stomach. He was such a lovely boy, and an all around great dog! He was our boys best friend, and the familys protector. He was a 120lb teddy bear!

I will never forget you Zues, you were my best friend,a nd you will always have a spot in my heart!! You kept me safe, many times, You were my best friend, while hubby was off traveling. There were many nights, that you spent in my bed, amking me feel safe. You watched our kids grow up, and even kept them safe when a large stray came on our property to cause trouble. You my friend, were a godsend! Play hard at the Rainbow Bridge, Zues the Moose!!

Last edited by critter crazy; 12-22-2006 at 06:35 AM.
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

What a heartwarming story of rescue, what a beautiful tribute and I can hardly type for the tears. God Bless you, Zeus. What an amazing best friend, devoted protector and loving companion you were to your family from the very first day your family welcomed you into their home and hearts. Actually, from the very first moment that shelter cage door was opened and you covered their faces with slimies! Romp and play happily at the Bridge beautiful boy until that joyful day when you and your Mom and Dad are reunited in love And thanks to Mom of Zeus for sharing those precious photos. Such a handsome boy. And I just noticed, your Zeus and my Cody, who left for the Bridge not long ago, had the exact same bed, identical cover Seeing it brought back happy memories of days gone by.
    Sandra
    Last edited by tatsxxx11; 12-24-2006 at 06:19 AM.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Zues was such a handsome boy. I sure you miss him very much. Thank goodness you saved him from that 'creep'. Thank goodness for memories.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

What a handsome boy Zues was! I am so glad you rescued him from the shelter and gave him a wonderful home. RIP, Zues.
    Hugs.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)