Thread: Teddy isn't doing well... prayers/thoughts needed

Teddy isn't doing well... prayers/thoughts needed

Teddy is not doing well. He's losing more and more weight. He eats his food as if he's starving and throws all of it back up. We've tried fasting him and then feeding him some rice. We called the vet to ask what we could do. They said it may just be time to put him to sleep. My Aunt and family are so upset. He's really gone downhill these past few months and his age is catching up to him.

I remember when I lived here when I was a toddler and I used to play with him all the time. Teddy has been so loved these 14 years and he will be dearly missed. I'm hoping that he can have at least a couple more months on this earth. He's such a sweet boy and I love him so much, and of course the rest of the family. Right now he's sleeping in his kennel, which he spends most of his time doing these days. I gave him Sammy's sweater to wear for now because he's pretty cold.
    I'm praying for a Christmas miracle.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Teddy will be in our thoughts and prayers this holiday season, and how ever long needed.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Oh Teddy is in my thoughts and prayers. And you and your family as well...

Being that we are in the same boat...I will add Teddy to the prayer list.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Good thoughts heading your way Teddy.

Update :(

Teddy went into the vet yesterday. They weighed him and he weighs 13 pounds. He weighed 21 pounds a year ago. They gave him some prescription pills and food. He gobbled down the food when he got home. They did some blood work and the results came in today. He's in complete kidney failure. They could flush out the kidneys, but that will only help him live longer, and what's the use if he's suffering? The food he's eating now is too hard on his kidneys, but he loves it so we are just going to feed him that for now. He only has a couple weeks left. Unless we see he's in obvious pain, we won't put him to sleep. For now we are keeping him comfortable and happy. He got a new really smooshy bed that he really likes. He's getting lots of lovings.

Why do dogs have to leave this earth so early? Teddy has gotten a full life, he's been with the same family for 14 years. Always loved and cared for. Right now I'm at loss for words. He's such a sweet and loving boy... it just doesn't seem fair.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

I am so sorry. Take it easy Teddy! You are much loved.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I'm so sorry. It really doesn't seem fair, I know. I wish they could live so much longer. I'm glad Teddy is enjoying his food and new bed. I know it's a hard road to travel but it's the risk we take for having such amazing love in our lives.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Teddy will be put to sleep on Tuesday. He is suffering. He can't keep any food down and he's pretty much starving to death. He is very weak and it's hard for him to walk without falling. It's so hard to see him suffering like this, I know my aunt is making the right decision. My cousins will come for New Years to say good bye to him. He will be waiting at the Rainbow Bridge for us.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

I'm sorry=( I know this is hard. He will be better off now though so it really is best. I hope he passes peacefully and he knows everyone loves him.

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

I am so very sorry, I know how this feels and what you have to do for Teddy, I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm so sorry to hear this. ((hugs)) Teddy lived a very long life for a dog. Unfortunately all good things must come to an end.