Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black & White Photography ~pics

Black & White Photography ~pics

Last semester I was in a photography class. I enjoyed it, we used SLR cameras and developed and printed the photos by hand...quite different when you are used to digital cameras!

I just thought I'd share some of the photos I took. I didn't scan these, I just took photos of them with the digital, sorry for the poor quality. The contrast looks bad, the darks and lights are not as they should...I swear they look better in real life. Many of these (mostly the ones of Nebo) were not for assignments, just some I printed when I had extra time.

Nebo

The plant that's on his head. It was my "object" that I had to take an entire roll of...there's some better pics, but I only printed this one.

My mother

My neice, Brooklyn (bad print, I gave the good one to my brother)

Nebo and I hiding in the bushes. I set the scene with a tripod but I guess my mom gets credit for pushing the button to take the photo. Excuse the weird look on my face.

Nebo again

Yes, I actually took photos of traffic cones (this pic was for an assignment...that class critique was pretty funny, people were trying to come up with some deep meaning for the photo)

My favorite one of Nebo

These were my final. They are not the best, but by the end of the semester I was stressed and ran out of creatitivity...I still received an A at least. They were originally supposed to be about "lines" but I think they all have a bit of an urban/park feeling.

From a different assignment, but I think it fits in well with my final photos. I don't know why I took a photo of a garbage can...

Just for fun, here's one pic from each of my two other classes. *Edit~these are prismacolor drawings*
    Colorful wolf

Still life with ice skates, mittens, scarf, etc.
    Last edited by wolf_Q; 01-16-2007 at 09:44 PM.

Those are really cool! I like the one of Nebo on the bed.

Wow! These are all so beauitful Amy! You are very talented! Thanks for sharing!

Wow, you really have an eye for photography...these are really stunning

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

Whoa.. such great shots! Love the one of you and Bebo together. The one of your mom, too. Tell her I said hi!

You're too talented for your own good!

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Wow those are great! It's awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

I know what you mean I worked manly with SLR..........until I got my digi last year.........wait the year before (just getting used to this year :P)

It´s so much fun to do your own film........what a great experience it is.....

loved the pics..........did you ever got to blend two pics?? or give texture?......Aw man!! i wish i had my little red room..........
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

I know what you mean I worked mainly with SLR..........until I got my digi last year.........wait the year before (just getting used to this year :P)

It´s so much fun to do your own film........what a great experience it is.....

loved the pics..........did you ever got to blend two pics?? or give texture?......Aw man!! i wish i had my little red room..........

ETA: I posted this twice so I deleted one ooops :P
    Last edited by Husky_mom; 01-16-2007 at 09:07 PM.
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Wow, they're gorgeous Amy!

Those came out great! Black and white photography is so neat; it adds a sort of classiness to some pictures. I really like the one of Nebo in the tall grass. The waterfall one came out really good too; I like that it didn't freeze the water, but gave it a feeling of motion.

They're all really good, and the people ones turned out great too. I have the hardest time with human pictures, but the ones you took look like they came from a professionals portfolio.

*edited to add* Did you draw/paint the last two?

Those are beautiful pictures Amy. I love black and white pics!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Thanks everyone!

Kay I'll tell my mom you said hi.

Isabel we didn't do a lot with darkroom techniques because it was just a basic class. I'll probably take a more advanced class in the fall, maybe I'll do some of the stuff you mentioned then.

Craig, thanks the last two are from different classes, design and drawing....they are colored pencil drawings.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Those are excellent! I love critiques, people see so many different things in your photos, isn't it cool? I especially like the one of Nebo in front of the waterfall!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer