Thread: Moving?

Moving?

Troy and I want to move back to Eugene, Oregon when we save the money.

I am baffled as to how we are supposed to do this while being in Shreveport. We're leaving with two (possibly a third) cats and one dog. We refuse to go anywhere without them. Giving them away or leaving them behind is not an option.

Any tips on how to find legit pet friendly housing and jobs from so far away? Anyone else moved across the country before? Any other tips?

Work with a national real estate company. They can find you rental homes or apartments. Tell them your specific requests (pets allowed etc).
    If you have friends in area, ask them about places for rent.

Monster.com for submiting your resume.
    Contact the state unemployement office in Eugene, they post jobs.
    Would your present employers transfer you to Eugene? For example, if you worked for a national retail chain, transfer to that city.

These few tid bits are off top of my head at moment.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

If you remember, my brother just moved there and they had a horriable time finding a place to live until they could find a house to buy. He ended up rehoming his cats with a co-worker before they drove across country and got a pair of kittens after they bought a house. Is Eugene from Tillamock?

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

This last July my husband and I moved from Iowa City, IA to Denver, which is about 800 miles away. It was hard...we found a pet-friendly house but it turned out to be unacceptable. We had to camp with the pets until we found something else, and our house is a bit expensive, but of course worth it to keep our pets with us.

Make sure you have plenty of money saved. Look in the local papers (you can also look online in the classifieds most likely), on www.craigslist.com and www.apartments.com for pet-friendly housing. Call everywhere you can and play up the fact that your pets are perfect. If you need any other assistance, you can pm me.

I delayed posting as I was trying to remember how I moved from NJ to Va.. All I remember was it was rough. My daughter was a toddler at the time, and I packed whatever I would need to keep her busy for the day as the movers were supposed to come and of course the dogs. Well the truck did not show up until 9pm ( they got lost..) but the house only had one ceiling light, and the lamps were packed.
    My now ex had come down the week before for several days and found a job- we had bought a house but anyway- I like the above idea about real estate agents in the area to set up housing and monster. Also- get the local paper- even if you have to pay for them to mail it for a few weeks to you. Call and send resumes.
    My heart goes out to you- moving long distance is a strain. You are in my prayers..