Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Potatoe Chip Syndrome??..........

Potatoe Chip Syndrome??..........

I personally KNOW what that means, but I wanted to know what elseīs breeds would be prone to this as well.............I think any lover of their breed would be for their own but not in all cases, and most if not all Sibe owners can be caught in this syndrome............haha

for those that donīt know (which I think most of you know, but still) is when you have one dog and you just canīt have just one, you want another and another and another and another............LOL you get the idea

so.... are you??.........which breed??
    Corinnaīs Christmas Card Swap ī06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da Houseī10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Quote Originally Posted by Husky_mom
    I personally KNOW what that means, but I wanted to know what elseīs breeds would be prone to this as well.............I think any lover of their breed would be for their own but not in all cases, and most if not all Sibe owners can be caught in this syndrome............haha

for those that donīt know (which I think most of you know, but still) is when you have one dog and you just canīt have just one, you want another and another and another and another............LOL you get the idea

so.... are you??.........which breed??
    No, I'm not one of those but I do know an English Mastiff breeder who does have this affliction. Nine English Mastiff's in a SMALL house. Two of the nine are females. Most of the males are in excess of 180lbs and one of them weighs 210 lbs, one female weighs around 155 lbs and the other female is a puppy weighing about 60 lbs. She said to me a few months ago she must have a problem..........my thoughs are, she's what they call a "collector".

Oh YEA Total Pototoe chip person here

Without a doubt.. The first time I put all 4 in the new van at the same time- I looked at the group as my husband says " Great they all fit with room for luggage" - meanwhile - I thought " oh wow- room for two more... " rofl.

YES!!! Cant have just one!!! But it is not just dogs, or cats it is all animals!!! My life feels more fuller when i am surrounded by my animals!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

Yep!

We had German Shorthaired Pointers from 1974 till just a couple of years ago. Somehow we wound up with our beloved retirees plus always a younger dog or two that were in various stages of training, plus rescues.

Things just seemed much easier that way because the older dogs could always be counted on to help with teaching the younger ones the basic household rules.

I've been looking for a rescue dog and recently I've even found myself thinking, why not rescue two so they'd have companinship.

I'm not completely like that, but I sort of am I guess. I like to have two (maybe 3) dogs of my own at one time, but yes, I always want the same breed over and over again (Toller). I jsut wouldn't want my house filled with 10 at once unless I lived in a bigger house with a much larger yard.

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

Does anyone else ever wonder why responsible pet ownership sometimes turns into collecting? Mental health professionals have now designated pet collecting as a verifiable mental illness.
    To train a dog you have to think like a dog!

Quote Originally Posted by applesmom
    Does anyone else ever wonder why responsible pet ownership sometimes turns into collecting? Mental health professionals have now designated pet collecting as a verifiable mental illness.
    I believe the diffrence between us wanting the same breed and a collector is despite we (I speak for myself) love to have many dogs of a certain breed we KNOW how many we can afford/handle/provide correctly..............and a collector just collects............

Iīve had Huskies for about 18 years............talk about obsession with a breed, haha...........wouldnīt like it any other way........
    Corinnaīs Christmas Card Swap ī06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da Houseī10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Up North. Where all your troubles freeze and fall off.
    I wish! My parents have a one-dog house rule. (but I'm coming cloe to breaking it )

Oh, and, Later in life, I'm sure I will get the "horrible" disease, then it'll probably be greyhounds or whippets if I'm short of space. But I'd prefer Greyhounds.
    Last edited by GreyhoundGirl; 12-03-2006 at 06:54 AM.
    STILL AVAILABLE BY E-MAIL

Not only do I enjoy multiple dogs, but I think they are happier too. Galina and Zubin love to play, Femka joins in, but much smaller ( Major will hopefully fix that one) and Hottie- well he is Hottie..

DEFINATLY!! I am still impatiently (VERY impaitently) searching for my next dane... Most Great Dane owners will agree when i say you can't have just one!

Animal Hoarding

Quote Originally Posted by applesmom
    I think you're refering to "Animal Hoarding". I saw something on Oprah just last week about a psychological disorder called "Animal Hoarders". It can be a certain breed or any type of animal. They start out with one or two and end up with a hoard of them. Very sad especially for the poor animals as they are confined to very little or no space, and not to mention the mess which is inevitable no matter how hard one tries to keep clean.

This does not apply to people with 4-5 dogs or cats, but cases like one lady who had 81 cats and 6 dogs.

4-5 dogs, especiall large dogs in a small apt though can be considered overboard.
    Last edited by fionapap; 12-03-2006 at 05:56 AM.

Well considering I now have 7...I would say yes, I have potato chip syndrome.

I had the receptionist at my old job call me a hoarder. I only had 3 at the time! And then when I moved back to Mom's and combined households, she really started on my case. All my animals are well taken care of and the house is very clean (it takes a lot of work but yes, it's clean).

No, I don't see myself ever going past 3 dogs at a time and I really feel 2 is a better number for me.

I'm obsessed with Collies, but for the future I don't think I'd have more then one Collie at a time again. With the addition of the 2nd Collie, I noticed that they can feed off each in other in the barking department. So I have to stay on top of that training wise. One Collie and One Cairn Terrier was a great combo. Such harmony. I never had any issues to deal with at all between them. I could see a Collie, Greyhound or Collie, Golden combo working well together too.

Par...

.................................................. .................................................. ..... Nothin' Butt Dogs............ Free Dog eCards

Quote Originally Posted by ParNone
    No, I don't see myself ever going past 3 dogs at a time and I really feel 2 is a better number for me.

I'm obsessed with Collies, but for the future I don't think I'd have more then one Collie at a time again. With the addition of the 2nd Collie, I noticed that they can feed off each in other in the barking department. So I have to stay on top of that training wise. One Collie and One Cairn Terrier was a great combo. Such harmony. I never had any issues to deal with at all between them. I could see a Collie, Greyhound or Collie, Golden combo working well together too.

Par...
    I have 2 Collies.....Bailey's the barker and Chloe has no interest in it at all. She usually looks at him like "what's all that about?".