Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Update On Rottie Mix Pups From Olney, Illinois, UPDATE ON PAGE 3. 12/26/06

Update On Rottie Mix Pups From Olney, Illinois, UPDATE ON PAGE 3. 12/26/06

This is not good. I am taking the pups to the vet tomorrow morning (only opening). I am afraid one, if not both may have Parvo. She has had mushy stool since I got her and now it is straight liquid. She was eating great until this morning. She won't eat. She is alert, but very blah and her gums are pale. Her sister is eating and more alert, but if Butter has it, then more than likely so does Peanut. If it is Parvo, I can not afford the treatment. I am in tears here, all I want to do is save them, and now, I may not be able to. Not only am I worried about the Parvo, but I found little white bugs all over them last night. Kt_luvs-kitties says it may be Mange or Lice. I think it is Lice. I gave them a bath last night with some flea, tick, lice shampoo and it seemed to kill most of them. I put Frontline Top Spot (for puppies under 22 lbs) on them as well. I only used have a dose on each pup. I still see a couple of bugs moving today. I am so worried about them. I barely have enough funds for the visit. I will have to dip into the spaying funds I saved up for them. If anybody has any suggestions on what I can do today that may help these girls, please let me know....I am just a wreck about this. Pleas pray for these lil' lives. I know I did a good hting pulling them from the shelter, but now I am hoping I did the right thing. Thanks for listening.
    Last edited by Reachoutrescue; 12-26-2006 at 09:35 PM. Reason: UPDATE

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

I'm so sorry.....
    Please let us know when you get back from the vet.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Don't lose hope yet, it is possible she is ill from the Frontline and no parvo. At least its something to hope for. Some dogs just dont' have good reactions to it so will keep our fingers crossed that this is just a temporary setback. I hope its not parvo. Let us know how it goes!

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

That is a problem with doing rescue. When I did shepherds, I was always prepared with a major savings account.
    Maybe where you got from has a vet that could help. Hard to say- Keep us posted when you get back from the vet.
    Loose mushy stools could be from stress, or water change, even food change. Unless you see blood tinged, or dark muscus, hopefully it is not parvo.

Quote Originally Posted by Vela
    Don't lose hope yet, it is possible she is ill from the Frontline and no parvo. At least its something to hope for.
    I hope that is all it is. I didn't even think of that....that gives me a little hope now. We will find out tomorrow. I will post when I know somthing.
    Quote Originally Posted by borzoimom
    That is a problem with doing rescue. When I did shepherds, I was always prepared with a major savings account.
    Maybe where you got from has a vet that could help. Hard to say- Keep us posted when you get back from the vet.
    Loose mushy stools could be from stress, or water change, even food change. Unless you see blood tinged, or dark muscus, hopefully it is not parvo.
    Well, I was prepared, but not for this. Maybe not prepared enough. I have the money for altering and vaccines, and for my kids' christmas and birthday, but if is is Parvo! I did not see any blood in her stool. The first day (Sat.) it was mushy, no blood, no mucus. Yesterday is was just all liquid, but still no blood or mucus. I know that is a good sign. I am just worried because today she is not eating or drinking as of yet. She drank water at about four this morning, but nothing since. And she is just laying around all blah. I will post tomorrow when we know somthing. I just pray with all my heart it is not parvo.

www.rornfp.org

That sounds like a good sign honey. I think its digestive upset. Remember I said change in water can even do this.
    After you go to the vet, and its just that, get some unflavored pedialyte and mix half and half in the water bowl. This will help with the digestion. I know you are feeding a puppy food, but try bil jac puppy. It turns to instant mush when you add any warm water, and that will help the stomach acids from working so hard.

No matter the outcome, you gave those pups a chance and you should feel good about that.

Good vibes coming your way for the little ones.
    Billy and Willy! (2 of my 4)

Quote Originally Posted by borzoimom
    That sounds like a good sign honey. I think its digestive upset. Remember I said change in water can even do this.
    After you go to the vet, and its just that, get some unflavored pedialyte and mix half and half in the water bowl. This will help with the digestion. I know you are feeding a puppy food, but try bil jac puppy. It turns to instant mush when you add any warm water, and that will help the stomach acids from working so hard.
    Would a digestion issue make her weak and blah? Not wanting to eat? She just drank som water. I gave her some pedialyte with a syringe earlier. I was told that would help her (anemia) if I mix it with a small amount of sugar. I am going to try that puppy food by Bill Jac. Thank you for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by My Peanuts
    No matter the outcome, you gave those pups a chance and you should feel good about that.

Good vibes coming your way for the little ones.
    I know I gave them a chance, but it is still so sad to know something maybe really wrong. Thank you for your kind words.

www.rornfp.org

I've been keeping up with this thread, having seen it last night in Cat and of course "dog General.

Praying real hard up here in the old "Mitten State" that "Butter" and "Peanut" will pull through!!!

I confess, however, that I have fallen in love with Hope~

God Be with "You" and those Adorable Pups!!!
    Rest in Peace Corinna~ Well Never Forget You~

I"VE BEEN FROSTED

If you go back the yesterdays DOTD the story of the dogs said that the dog got parvo when a pup. The person didn't have the money either for vet treatments or visits. But she nursed him back to health at home.

Maybe Karen can some how get the email of that person and give it to you so she can help you. Just a suggestion.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Quote Originally Posted by Reachoutrescue
    Would a digestion issue make her weak and blah? Not wanting to eat? She just drank som water. I gave her some pedialyte with a syringe earlier. I was told that would help her (anemia) if I mix it with a small amount of sugar. I am going to try that puppy food by Bill Jac. Thank you for the advice.

I know I gave them a chance, but it is still so sad to know something maybe really wrong. Thank you for your kind words.
    A upset tummy makes them feel " seasick" and yes they will not eat. After the vet- try a handful of bil jac puppy, and add a little raw egg ( mixed prior so its not all white or yoke) and give her a drop of molassas or honey. That will help raise her sugar.
    We need to wait to see what the vet says. Keep us posted- I am following this closely.

Maybe it is a combination of a bad case of worms along with stress and food changes. I am encouraged that there is no blood in her stools. With the liquid diarrhea, she is probably very dehydrated and that will really drain your energy. I would try to force some pedialyte in her as much as possible. Please let us know what happens at the vet!

Thanks for giving these babies a chance!

Hugs,
    Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

We at The Found Cat Hotel are praying hard for those Pups, that its something that they can get over.
    You are doing the best that you can, which is a lot more that thier so called Guardians who discared them ever did.
    God Bless You for caring.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

We here will be praying hard for them too. I have to agree with MyPeanuts though, you gave those pups a fighting chance they would have NEVER had at the shelter. I wish you all luck and I'll be sending good vibes and thoughts your way.

How did it go???