Thread: Is she considered old?

Is she considered old?

My one dog Sandy who is a german shepard/ husky mix seems to have more trouble getting up after she lays down for awhile and doesnt like to play as much as she used to, Im afraid she is starting to get arthritis since she has more trouble getting up but is she even that old? she is about 8 or 9 now and I was wondering if that conisider old age for a dog of her breed?

She is starting to get up there in age. Ask your vet about a product called "Glyco flex" ( hottie is on the 3 level) . It sure did help him. It is made for arthritis and contains glucosimine etc. Its better than the others we tried. ( the cosequin etc). I give hottie a tablet crushed twice a day. It also not only helps with joints, but helps to keep the bones stronger. Hottie condition subjects him to fractures- especially in his back where the rise is in a sighthound. He has only had two in 4 years since he has been on this.
    You can add just glucosimine and can get this in a tablet form at any petsmart. I do however like the whole regieme in the Glycoflex though..