Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Please say a prayer for Jackie

Please say a prayer for Jackie

I received an email from Jackie's daughter in law a little while ago. Please read and keep them in your prayers. We all know how much Jackie loves Perry and Daisy, and I know how much you all love Jackie.

This is Colleen. I need to ask you to pass on some sad information. This morning Jackie and Don were at the store and left Daisy and Perry in the upper back yard and when they came home the Pitbulls next door got through the fence and attacked Daisy and Perry. They are both at the vet and stable ?????? We are really upset with the laws though. The dogs were still in the back yard when they came home. After the vet, they went to animal control to have someone come and remove them. Animal control took the dogs and then the owner came home and they returned them to her. Only a ticket for basically trespassing. Please pass on to everyone in the community that they may not be on the site for a little while and hope everyone will say a prayer for both Daisy and Perry.

Thanks Logan,

Colleen

Oh my goodness!! How horrible!!! I will pray my hardest that they will recover quickly. I am so upset. I am asking for a little miracle here.

Sue
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Oh, no Logan, I hope that what Colleen says is true; that Jackie and Perry are "stable." Jackie and Don must be devastated. I hope Colleen will pass along to Don and Jackie our heartfelt prayers for dear Daisy and Perry's full and quick recovery. We love you Jackie and are thoughts and prayers are with you. Please be ok precious Daisy and Perry Love, Sandra

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

What sad news for two of our favorite PetTalk people and two of our favorite PetTalk pups. Lots of prayers coming your way.

OMG. I am so upset as well. I can't believe this has
    happened to one of our dearest Pet Talkers. Prayers
    are being said now for Don, Jackie Perry & Sweet baby
    Daisy. I can't believe that Animal Control would release
    the dogs back to the owner.(no matter what breed) They
    should by law be impounded till an investigation is done.
    What the heck kind of laws do they have in that town?

Many prayers are with you Jackie that
    Perry and Daisy will recover fully.
    My heart goes out to you that something
    so devestating has happened in your own
    back yard.
    Many hugs and kisses,
    Karen, Sheba, Rocky and Pepper

----<---<--<{(@

Oh no! This just can't happen to one of my very favorite pet talkers I hope Perry and Daisy are OK and they get those pit bulls out of there. That makes me so mad!

This is just awful! Jackie had just sent me a picture of the new fence that Don and her son had put up to protect her little ones so that nothing like this would happen. I really can't believe that the dogs were allowed to return! There is something wrong with our laws folks!!! Jackie if you are reading this, please know that you will be in my thoughts constantly until I hear that your two precious little ones have been released from the hospital and are well and home again.
    Last edited by Pam; 06-14-2002 at 06:59 PM.

Jackie, prayers are on the way for all of you! It's awful when you can't leave your babies in your own yard and have them safe.

Get Well QUICK, Daisy and Perry!

Prayers Offered; Klaws, Paws, Tails and Fingers All Crossed!

{{{Huggs}}} to {Daisy & Perry} from us FurKidz;
    and Dad sends a big {{{Hugg}}} to {Mom Jackie and Daddy Don}.

Get Well Real QUICK!!!!

It's a very sad event that Jackie feared might happen...
    She posted the following just two days ago:

"Believe me we have a life and Don is 72 and I'm 66 and we love all animals especially our two "little dogs" Miss Daisy and Perry.

In a reverse situation we had a young man move into the house next door with two children and three Pit Bulls and all we had was a four foot chain link fence. We didn't fight with him, although I was scard to death of the Pit Bulls, scared for my dogs too. The big pit bull does not like women or other dogs. I talked to the young man and explained my situation that I was afraid of them, he keeps them tied up because there is no fence around his house, and at night he takes them in.

We talked and he is planning on putting a fence up and I gave him some bones for his dogs and we are getting along well...

My family came over and built a six foot fence for us so that we don't have to worry about his dogs attacking ours. Now all I have to worry about is his dogs being outside all day tied up and sometimes without water and he is a very young man. /s/ Jackie

Ref: ...Neighbor Problems

Let's all focus our thoughts and Prayers on a positive outcome for Daisy and Perry; rather than punishing the Pits and their owner.
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Our fireman's right: all of our positive PetTalk vibes should be flowing to San Diego in hopes that Daisy and Perry will recover soon.

Best wishes to Jackie and Don in this terrible time of need.

The hairy kids' photo album

Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.
    -Pythagoras

oh dear perry and daisy!!!! our prayers are with you....and of course to dear jackie and don.....
    i hope that colleen keeps us updated as i know jacie and don will be busy caring for their babies....please let them know how much we are praying for their furbabies and them.....what a horrible thing to happen......
    please lord,let them be alright,and recover quickly....
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids

You are right Cinder & Smokey, we should all hold good
    positive thoughts for Daisy & Perry that they should be
    well and not badly injured. Still , they were in their own
    yard. I don't think a call for vengeance is necessary; but
    what about plain old justice. The owner of these other dogs
    should be held accountable for what they have done.
    I hope with all my heart that Daisy & Perry are not badly
    hurt, and I offer prayers for Don & Jackie as well.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Jackie and Don, and especially strong prayers for Daisy and Perry! Poor doggies!

Re: Get Well QUICK, Daisy and Perry!

Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke...
    Let's all focus our thoughts and Prayers on a positive outcome for Daisy and Perry; rather than punishing the Pits and their owner.

Of course we are all praying for Daisy, Perry, Jackie and Don, but the fact that this happened just angers me. Jackie and Don had tried their best to see that this wouldn't happen and then this! I guess it strikes a really raw nerve because my childhood dog was attacked by a dog while my dad was walking him and it took a lot of time and a lot of vet bills to restore him to health. Also, the original Bella here at Pet Talk (for those who haven't been around as long as I have) was a toy poodle who was attacked by two large dogs. Unfortunately she didn't make it. My anger comes from the fact that Jackie tried to keep her dogs safe and was not able to in spite of her efforts. What is to guarantee that this won't happen again once Daisy and Perry come home (and believe me I hope it is soon!!!) Surely something must be done to ensure their safety. Oh please, please hurry and get well Perry and Daisy. You are very special to us all!