Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Please say a prayer for Jackie

This is such great news! I am soo happy! I knew they could pull through! It just keeps getting better and better!

Jackie and Don -- What wonderful news that Daisy is home and Perry is getting close to that. I'm so happy for you!! It's awful to see your furchildren in the hospital and to wonder what you could have done differently to keep them safe, but with other people around that don't care about their animals as much as Pet Talkers do, it's hard.

Will keep prayers going and fingers and paws crossed that they both make full recoveries and are with you for years to come.

Wish the folks with the Pitbulls were at least nice enough to offer to help with the bills, but since they're in subsidized housing, suspect they can't afford their own dogs really, let alone the consequences of their dogs' actions. Maybe some prayers for those folks would be useful, too. Forgiveness is not always easy, but is necessary for peace and a right life.

Hope to see more good news in the next day or two. Go Perry and Daisy!!
    "Every creature is a word of God."
    Meister Eckhart, Animal Blessings
    Dog Potentials

I am so glad to hear good news... although I haven't been able to post, I have been sending out good thoughts and prayers, and kept informed by Cincy's Mom. What wonderful parents you are! Give Daisy and Perry some luvin from our gang!

Re: San Diego links

Originally posted by kohala
    ".. so glad to read someone else's concerns over safety and expenses. ....
    I did email one local news station (KFMB) AND the Mayor's office yesterday. My email subject was "Pitbull attack in San Diego." My take is that there should be legal ramifications beyond "tresspassing", and that irresponsible people should not have dogs, especially potentially dangerous ones....
    if anyone is interested, here is another way to help where there is strength in numbers:
    In San Diego, CBS News is Channel 8: www.kfmb.com (this is the only one I sent the story and my concerns to); ABC is Channel 10: www.thesandiegochannel.com; NBC is Channel 7/39: www.nbcsandiego.com; Fox is Channel 6:www.fox6.com.
    The San Diego Union/Tribune is www.signonsandiego.com and the City Gov't page is www.sannet.com.
    There are way too many people that think they're beyond any responsibility to their community and neighbors."
    SO glad to hear KFMB contacted you - and sooo glad to see other San Diego posts - I see lots of the terrific animal loving people who talk here have been emailing to local e-addresses! We who live here and put up with a LOT of this type of thing (yes, others I know have experienced this - in "America's Finest City" -!) really appreciate the energy you, Jackie, and Don, and Miss Daisy and Perry, have inspired!! It must be working and I sure hope the media will get all over City Gov't (especially Animal Control) about this. A lot of my co-workers and friends have been sending their prayers and emails, both to media and Govt in your family's behalf! I hope they'll start checking in to this site soon - they'd love all you wonderful people. We don't like to see this kind of suffering due to negligence in our city, or anywhere, for that matter!!!

Our prayers are very much with you as we await further news on Miss Daisy and that wonderful little hero, Perry.

He is my wallpaper these days, I love looking at his dignified little face! Since I can't post at work, I find myself so eager to get home and share with y'all.

Noserubs and purrs from Grasshopper to Miss Daisy and Perry
    Spencer's Mom

Grasshopper Shadowcat Magicat
    August 14, 1986 - June 15 2004
    Thank you so much for the siggies, PCB & Kfamr

* * I've Been Frosted * *

I am so sorrry to hear about what happened to Perry and Daisy. I have been out of town and just read the awful news.
    I will pray right now before I go back to bed. I feel so bad about this.

Kohala, thanks so much, us Navy people have to stick together.
    The interview yesterday was with KUSI and the interviewer said the guy next door was pretty nice, (never has asked about our dogs) said he was going to pay Vet bills(his girlfriend is on section 8 and he lives with her with two kids and three pitbulls)
    said he was going to fix the fence (our son fixed it for us) would not give us the name of the owner of the house, we went through the county records. etc. etc. The interviewer sounded like he was going to take care of all this, I was not very happy with what was said, made him sound like a responsible person which he is not.
    Just wanted to say Perry is home and he slept right by my bed.
    I think he did well, moaned a little, sat up sometimes, but slept well, he really is a fighter. When he came in the house the first thing he did was jump up on Don's rocker before we could stop him. We can still feel a little air around his neck, but I think it will take time. He is eating well, pooping and peeing. lol He is a little strange, has to get used to everything again and I think he misses Daisy.
    I called about Daisy about 4:00 and they said she is doing well.
    Her temperature is now normal, will not eat, but that is to be expected, we will get to go see her this morning.
    Thank you all again, we hope to continue having good news from now on and I hope to have a good nights sleep soon. lol
    Jackie

Jackie,

Great news! Glad that Perry is slowly but surely going to get better. When does Daisy come home?

When I read that your neighbor was going to pay the bills and fix the fence, I really doubted his sincerity. I think it was all for the camera. If he lives wih his girlfriend and she is on section 8, how can he afford to pay?

Hang in their Jackie... We Love you! Hopefully knowing we are behind you will help you have more strength to get through this. And prayers are still unceasing! When you look at Perry, you are looking at one of God's miracles! Try to focus on that now and not the lies that the neighbor is portraying.

Jackie, did you or any of your family tape that TV segment? The part where the guy said he would pay for your vet bills may come in handy if you have to go to court on this. Strange he could say that to a camera and never come over to say it to YOU!!!

I also wonder which of the two actually owns the pit bulls...him or her? I wonder who is on the lease? Are these dogs licensed...have all their shots?
    Last edited by Rachel; 06-19-2002 at 08:12 AM.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

I agree with Souraya, this sounds like a ploy to me. The interviewer sounds like he is a little bit bias to the other owner. I hope that our letter and others that are being written will have an effect.

I'm sooooooo glad that Perry is home. He probably will be a little weird for awhile...that was an incredibly traumatic thing he went through and contrary to what most people say, I believe that dogs have a really long memory about things like that. I'm sure with all of yours and Don's love Perry will come through with flying colors. I'm also encouraged by Daisy's news...it sounds like she is also on the road to recovery.

Keep us posted.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Glad to hear things are progressing well with Daisy & Perry. And very glad to hear he is at home! Take Care-we'll still be praying for your family.

Anna, Angus & Roxey

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

All I can say is I feel like throwing up. I haven't been able to keep up with Pet Talk much lately so I just read this whole thread. I am absolutely heartbroken. Jackie and Don, I admire your strength and courage to get your dogs through this. I am so glad they are going to be okay. I hope each day takes away more and more of their pain and erases the painful memories. They truly are little miracle dogs. Bless sweet Perry for taking care of his sister.

I hope you are holding up okay and getting some much needed rest Don and Jackie. My prayers are with your whole family.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

I'm so glad sweet Perry is home. Please give him a tiny gentle kiss on the head for me. Also, so very glad Daisy's surgery is over and she seems to be recovering too. Prayers will remain until both of your sweeties are home and fully recovered. Please keep us updated when you can but take care of yourselves too. Those super pups need their mommy and daddy well rested and ready for lots of cuddles and TLC.

I am so glad that Perry is home. Plenty of thoughts
    for Daisy's and Perry to fully re-cover.
    I hope KUSI does a follow up to make sure the
    boyfriend wasn't just telling them what they wanted to hear.
    They certainly are not responsible neighbors at all.

----<---<--<{(@

I am sooo glad to hear the good news!!! I am sure Perry is glad to be home and will be even happier once Miss. Daisy is home too!!! We will continue to pray for your family *HUGS*
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky