Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Please say a prayer for Jackie

I just wanted to let you know you are still in our thoughts and prayers in this very trying time in your lives. Perry is and will always be a HERO! I'm sorry I have no words of wisdom to give, just know you are all in our heart. Give many hugs and kisses to both of your babies. Sometimes prayers really do work, so we will all be praying for your family. Your friend Anna

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Dearest sweeties Perry and Daisy - I'm praying for you. I'm so sorry for the terrible pain and trauma you have both suffered. Daisy - keep giving you mom kisses when you can, because she needs to have her heart lifted during this terrible time. Perry - your heroic spirit of love and courage deserves a special honor and an extra healing prayer.

Dearest Jackie and Don - I'm praying for you too. I'm so sorry for all this trauma - not just the injuries to your dear pups, but the fear and hurt this whole incident has brought into your lives.
    I pray for strength for you both as you watch over your dear hurt babies.
    "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

Jackie and Don -- Logan just let me know about the awful news. Lots of prayers and crossed fingers and paws from TN. How terribly devastating to come home and find them in such terrible shape. I know you are just heartbroken, but please know that our love and God's help are there for you. You are so brave, Jackie, to get on and let us know how they're doing. Keep thinking good thoughts. It's hard when your "heart" dog(s) are hurting, I know, but it will get better. Love to you, Don, Perry and Daisy and lots of prayers. God bless you all.
    "Every creature is a word of God."
    Meister Eckhart, Animal Blessings
    Dog Potentials

I talked to Jackie tonight and she said that she was able to see and spend time with her precious furkids today and it put her in a little bit better spirits. They keep inflating Perry's lungs but he has a hole in his neck that the air keeps coming out of and he's having a harder time then Daisy. I asked if there was any word as to when Daisy was coming home and they have to evaluate her leg and see if she needs surgery, and if so, what kind of surgery she needs to fix her leg/shoulder? Jackie and Don are being such good parents to Perry and Miss Daisy. I know that the positive thoughts and prayers and well wishes from all Jackie's and Don's friends, all around the world, have helped keep Perry alive and have given him strength to begin his healing process. It has also helped Miss Daisy stabalize and get her strong enough for surgery.

This all just brings back so many memories of that poor mini poodle, Bella, who was viciouslly attacked by a rotweiller. I just can't get over how scary it is but Jackie is being really brave and positive.

I know that Perry and Daisy are better because of all of us joining our hearts together across states and even countries, but we need to keep it up. They are by no means out of the woods but it sounds like they are better then they were when they first came into the vet. Lets continue to join together and send our cyber love to Jackie, Don, Perry and Miss Daisy.

Lots of love headed towards you, Don, Jackie, Daisy & Perry.

Leslie, Graham & Kersey

P.S. I hope you don't mind the update.

I just hung up with Jackie......what a thrill to hear her voice for the first time (she called me)......but she and Don are encouraged. Their hearts are breaking over this, but they are encouraged that both "kids" will pull through this. They have the will to do it!!! They saw them again tonight, and Miss Daisy ate for them, and Perry tried a few bites too.

Our prayers are working folks. Please keep Don, Jackie, Perry and Miss Daisy in your thoughts and prayers. They will post when they can and I will do my best to keep you all updated.

With much hope and love
    Logan

I have been out of town all day and upon returning home the first thing I did was turn on the computer to check on Miss Daisy, Perry, Jackie and Don.

Someone once told me that ANYTHING is possible with God. This thought has comforted me so many times and I offer these words to Jackie and Don now.

My heart lept for joy reading Logan's post after talking to Jackie on the phone.

For me, there have been many "fine moments" on Pet Talk, but I feel we are surpassing ourselves this time as we all are able to come together and pray for these precious dogs, Daisy and Perry.

So many beautiful words have been written here - and all from the heart with great love and understanding.

Cinder and Smoke, your brought tears to my eyes.

I know that God is listening to all of us and yes ANYTHING is possible with HIM.

To learn that these two precious babies are still with us gives me comfort and now I will storm heaven asking for a second good night for them both.

Much love to you, Jackie and Don

I didn't log on last night so I just discovered this tonight. I am sorry for the lateness, but my thoughts and heart goes to you just the same.
    My heart breaks at what you and Don had to see in your own back yard.
    This is the PetTalk I know and Love everyone pulling together and helping each other. This is PETTALK it is all about.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

I'm ashamed to say that after being on this board off and on for two years I don't even know who Jackie is, but God love those little creatures! This is so senseless. Fervent prayers for their complete recovering, and for Jackie and Don.

get well !!!

I am so happy that there seems to be a possitive progress in Daisy's and Perry's condition !!!
    Now we can see what all those prayers and good wishes from all Pettalkers together can do !!!! Together we can pull those sweeties through this awful ordeal !!!! I KNOW !!!
    To Jackie and Don , I wish you all the courage you need here !! You are such excellent doggie-parents !!!! You deserve all our support !!! I , and my family are all sending a huge box with cuddles , hope , prayers and tight hugs to you both (and to those two sweeties in hospital !!!!
    Please Miss Daisy , please Perry , hang in there !!!!!!!!

Thoughts and wishes filled my dreams last night for Perry and Daisy. I am still in shock and have been thinking of nothing else other than asking God to heal these two precious pups. Please hear all our prayers Father!

Logan and Leslie, what a wonderful update to hear you both got to talk to Jackie on the phone. I'm sure it was a real blessing to hear Jackies voice and hear her hope through the phone lines. It still amazes me that miles are no barrier for the human heart to know and Love someone with this thing called a computer and the internet. So many of you have become so dear to me and really feel like the dearest of friends. Actually part of a family. Thank you Pet Talk for making that possible.

Our prayer vigil continues.

Thank you for the updates Logan and Leslie. it is so good to hear that those precious pups are doing better. We will continue to pray that everything stays positive and that they will recover from their injuries and their trauma.

Jackie and Don-what great parents you are to your furkids! Please know in spirit we are all right there by your sides.

Originally posted by Dixieland Dancer
    Our prayer vigil continues.
    Perry and Daisy are in the hands of the Great Physician and I feel that He knows how much we love this family. I am trying to keep focused on a positive recovery. Today is Sunday and I know lots of people will be at church, me included. Due to the marvel of the internet, lots of people today will be praying for two very special dogs when it is time to go to prayer.

Couldn't find the superman, but did find this. Which I thought was also fitting!
    Carl
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thank you Carl for that great pic. of our beloved Perry. Whatever outfit he may wear, Perry is our Super Hero and dear Miss Daisy, our heroine!! All night I kept waking up thinking of our dear friends. How thrilled I was to read of the positive updates on both of the kids this morning!! The power of prayer and the love of friends and family truly can work miracles. Our prayers continue this Sunday with hopes for even more encouraging news. Dear Jackie, Don, we are all there with you in spirit, sending you our love and support. Daisy and Perry couldn't have asked for more loving and devoted parents.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

I'm so glad that Daisy and Perry are better. Perry, you are such a brave boy, please keep strong and come home to Mom and Dad soon. Daisy, be there for your brother and help keep him strong when Mom and Dad can't be there. Logan and Leslie, thank you for updating us with such encouraging news. Every hour that Perry hangs on is an hour closer to recovery and every hour I get a little more positive that he will be home.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!