Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Please say a prayer for Jackie

I couldn't sleep all night, I am so worried, Daisy and Perry are my life. We keep calling the Vet and they say they are holding their own. It was horrible, we got home from the store and I said to Don Perry must be sleeping he's not barking. I got to the steps and he was there barely breathing, I looked up and Daisy was in her doghouse bleeding, her shoulder bleeding and looked out of place.
    On the patio, in a little alcove was the Pitbull, he crashed through the six foot fence, just smashed it. I didn't care that he was there and Don ran with Perry to the car and I ran up and got Daisy out of her house and ran past the pitbull swung the gate closed and ran to the car with her.
    We went through red lights anyway we could to get to the Vet. As they say Perry's lungs were collapsed, hardly breathing, they said they managed to get one lung inflated. But he is very ill.
    When I picked up Daisy she was in such pain that she bit me and I have bites all over my hands, but I didn't care.

I have been praying all night, I can't live without those two dogs, if they don't make it I don't think I will.

Our family stayed with us and our youngest daughter stayed the night. We keep calling and they keep telling us they are holding their own. They say we can go to see them this morning and we will of course.

The girl next door is "Section 8" government subsidy housing, lives with a boyfriend, two kids and three pitbulls. According to the animal control, they don't have to fix the fence, just confine their dogs. We have a big hole in the fence right now and I am afraid to go out, our back door is there and he could come right
    back in. Animal control said it's our problem to fix the fence.
    They gave the girl a ticket and turned the dogs right back to her.

Thank you for all your prayers, we need all we can get right now.
    I'm devestated. I didn't have my Daisy to sleep with last night.
    Jackie
    Maybe someone could post this on "For the Love of Dogs"

Jackie I got out of bed this morning and ran to my computer. I have prayed for you, Don, Perry and Daisy and will not stop until they are fully recovered. I can imagine the anguish you are going through right now. We love you Jackie and you are in all of our hearts and will continue to be in our prayers. I have posted your note over at For The Love of Dogs. Please try and get some rest and get back to us when you can.

This is to much for words ..........!
    The worst is that those pitbull-owners get away with only a stupid fine !!! Unacceptable !!!
    Please Jackie , do not drop all hopes !! Lots of us Pettalkers love your doggies and if prayers can really help , well , then a miracle MUST happen !!! Your pets may need a lot of care , but with your love and caring and al our thoughts , they will pull through !!
    I KNOW !!!!!!!!!!

Hang in there , okay !!!!

Oh my dear Jackie. You know how much we all love you, Don and our dear Daisy and Perry. This is just too horrific for words. I am numb with sadness and I worry for you so very much. You are such a dear, gentle soul and my heart is breaking, just breaking for you and Don and the kids. We all know how much these precious ones mean to you both. Everyone here is praying with all of our might that Daisy and Perry will pull through. Please, God, let them pull through. I am with you in spirit and love and pray for the best. We will be waiting anxiously for encouraging news. We love you Jackie. Love Sandra

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Former User Guest
    I read all the posts and I'm just heartbroken. This is so very sad, beyond anything.
    Jackie and Don, Miss Daisy and Perry are in our thoughts, we hope your sweeties will pull it thru. KEEP THE FAITH!

How horrible!

Oh my gosh. What a dreadful thing has happened. I know that pitbulls have a bad reputation, as do many large dogs. My brother in law had an Akita that nearly killed our Scottie dog, when I was younger. You just never know when it will happen. My heart goes out to you and your family and my thoughts will be with you and your pups. My neighbors have pups like yours and they have pulled through some severe situations. Terriers are tuff!

I hope all the best for you and your pups. Gosh. Such a mess to be in. Please keep us posted.

I would consider moving or complaining to the section 8 folks about the quality of tenant...... - I would also head straight to small claims court. No dollar amount can offset your upset but to try to prevent this from happening again would certainly be appropriate as far as I am concerned.

My gosh. How awful. You will be in my prayers.

I just can't believe what I've read. This is such terrible news. Please know we will be thinking about you all & praying Daisy & Perry are going to be ok.
    I just can't believe that the police can't or won't do anything I would be afraid to go out my back door too.
    So sorry I didn't get to post before now, but I was gone all day yesterday. {{{{{Hugs}}}}} From Anna, Angus & Roxey

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Jackie and Don-please know we are thinking of you and prayers for your precious pups. How awful awful! I can't even find the right words to say....just know we are praying for you!

I can't believe that this horrible thing has happened. It is our worst fears come true. Jackie...Don...I am crying for you, I am crying for Perry, I am crying for Daisy. I am in a state of shock!
    I want to say please, please don't let this be true...but I know it is.

Dixie composed a beautiful prayer and I am too upset right now to compose my own so I will use hers.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Jackie, my very first thoughts this morning when I woke up were about you and Perry and Daisy.

I am praying so hard for you, even as the tears roll down my cheeks reading the posts.

All of us reach out to you in love and support.

Gini and Rascal

Dear Jackie and Don:
    I just read all of the post right now, I had no idea that such a horrible thing had happened to you and the pups. With tears in my eyes, all I can tell you is that I'll be praying for Perry and Miss Daisy's recovery. All our possitive thoughts,best wishes,and much love go out to you.

"All men are created equal but none of them is equal to a dog." From the "Howard Huge" cartoon..

Still praying for that miracle.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

How hard, how sad
    When one's worst fears come true
    And the rest of us,
    Who know how much you love them
    Who know how you tried to be good neighbors
    Who know how strong your hearts are
    Who see how kind your hearts still are
    When you could have focused on anger and recrimination
    But didn't, just on worry
    The rest of us
    So many, so far away
    Your dogs, your babies - we know they are
    Those whose personalities we know so well,
    Daisy, Perry, when they are so cruelly hurt
    We hurt with you,
    And for you

And though Frost said "good fences make good neighbors"
    We know that sometimes isn't enough,
    And the people on both sides of the fence
    Have to do their part,
    And you DID!

And so we pray, from other countries, other coasts,
    That Daisy and Perry will survive, and live
    To be spoiled again
    And take up that spot
    On the big bed
    That seems so empty now.

We pray for you all.

Jackie, I am so, so sorry. This is the worst thing ever and I am just a sobbing mess at the thought of you, Don, Daisy and Perry. I just can't stand it. I am going to think positive thoughts that your furkids will be OK.

Gosh I just can't stand it.

Oh Jackie, I had no idea that Daisy & Perry were in such bad condition. I can't believe this has happened, it's just awful. How can someone let their dogs do something like that!!!! I hope they will be okay.