Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Free To A Good Home

Until a couple weeks ago I too would say what are clean floors, but I got a new hardwood floor the only way to go with the fuzzy kids. The couch now is another stroy, Merlin claims it and frankly he can have it , He's in for a shock if I ever do get another.
    I have to stop reading your rescue stuff I fell in love. It's a good thing I live too far away. My family would kill me, Merlin too hes still no happy about Lady. I 'm praying for a home for the little guy.

I am dying here. He looks so much like my Tucker. Souraya have you tried checking with any Cocker Spaniel Rescue groups? A long time ago I knew of one in Wisconsin but I don't know that I have that address anymore. I am going to see if I can search for it. This little boy deserves a chance.

I want to take him so badly, but I know there is no way that my husband would agree, and in reality I know he is right in that we should limit ourselves to two dogs, but this is going to kill me, I just know it.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Rachel,

That's funny you should say that, because I thought
    of Tucker when I saw the picture. I hope you're able to
    find some Cocker Spaniel Rescue groups. This boy is
    Beautiful and yet, he's never had real chance at happiness
    with these "Owners".

Cody has found a home. He will be on his way next weekend.

More details tomorrow morning!

Yeah!!! That is the best news we could hear, Souraya.

Originally posted by DoggiesAreTheBest
    Cody has found a home. He will be on his way next weekend.

More details tomorrow morning!
    Yeah!

Great news Souraya !!! You're the best.
    Will await the details.

The lady that is taking Cody replied to an e-mail I sent in response to a Pet Wanted Add I saw on Pet Finder. Com. He will be an only dog and I am so happy that he will get the attention and love he needs.

Oh this is great, great, news. When i saw Cody's picture, i thought how could someone not want this adorable little Cocker Spaniel. He looks so much like the Cocker we had when i was younger. Ours was a female named Tinker.
    I hope everything works out with Cody and his new owner. Oh joy in the morning i am so happy for you sweetie.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Thanks Souraya!! It was nice talking to you yesterday and I'm truly excited that Cody is going to a loving home where he will get the love he deserves. How's the rescue transport going??

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Hi Souraya, I am so thankful that Cody has found a wonderful forever home, thanks to you. I just read this post and I was feeling a little down, thinking of him not having a life at all without any real love and now he will have all of that.
    You are a wonderful person in my book, so kind, and thank you for the cute get well card Daisy and Perry really appreciated that.
    They are doing well and on the road to recovery, I won't let them out of my sight. lol
    Love and kisses to Drake
    Jackie, Daisy and Perry

So MAD!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I am beyond furious.

On Friday, I asked my coworker if Cody was good in a crate, per the request of his new mom. The reason she wanted to know was because she would have to crate him for 2-3 hours a day while she ran errands. Untill she was sure of his behavior patterns and certain he was potty trained. Well, my coworker said he was OK in a crate.

This morning he said that him and his wife decided that they didn't want to give Cody up. He is better off tied to the tree than being in a cage. I tried to explain the reason behind the crate and assured him it was temporary, but he said that they made up their mind.

How could Cody be better off tied to a tree than being crayed for a few hours untill his new mom could be more certain of his behavior? This is driving me crazy.

How am I supposed to react? I now feel like he has wasted my time by misleading me. I want to throw up!

Poor Cody!

Those people are definately crazy! A dog deserves a home where people love and nurture it. In my opinion, being tied to a tree in the back yard all the time, is far worse than being in a appropriately-sized crate for a few hours at a time. Being tied up is the equilivalant of being confined in a cage. Only without the shade and air-conditioning, and the being let out to be free to play. My dogs are in crates when I'm gone. They also happen to be the happiest most well cared for dogs within a 20 mile radius . Jake and Addie don't mind their crates. They get tons of treats and toys, and don't have the added stress of wondering if they will be in trouble when I get home. I do hope this will not be a permanent thing, but until they outgrow the puppy chewing stuff, it is the happiest solution.

I know you've tried hard to find the pup a new, more nurturing home (I'm not sure about the dogs exact living conditions, so disregard these next few statements, if they are not fitting). Even though, I believe the dog would have been better off with the new family you found, if the old family feeds the dog and does not abuse it, it is still better off than many of our poor furry friends. Maybe your friend, who was going to take Cody, could give a home to another, even needier pooch, maybe even save one from death's door.

Oh Souraya, I can see why you are so upset, poor Cody I can't believe these people, I will never understand why a person wants a dog to tie to a tree like it didin't exist, it's certainly not for companionship, not for love, why?
    I learned one thing if the dog is on a very short rope, or no water, or no shelter you can call animal control. The stupidity of some people, let's see is a dog better in a crate for a couple of hours or tied to a tree the rest of it's life. That's awful and cruel.
    I know how disappointed you are and there is always the chance they will change their mind again.
    Jackie

I hate lies, but for Cody's sake, I made an exception.

The new mom assured me that he would only be crated for 2-3 hours until she is certain that he is potty trained and isn't destructive. I asked my coworker if he would give him up if I found another home for Cody where he wouldn't be crated. And he said yes.

In a few days, I will tell him I found another lady who will take Cody. How does that sound? I need to get Cody out of there!