Thread: Another 'Tiel =) [I Got her!]

Another 'Tiel =) [I Got her!]

I am going either tonight or tomorrow to check out a white-faced tiel. In all honestly, as long as she looks healthy, she'll be coming home with me. She is supposedly very tame, friendly, the kids play with her. They are rehoming her because they don't really have time for her. I'll keep you updated!

I was at the flea market on Sunday picking up bird food (its sooo much cheaper there) and I was looking at the tiels there-I almost got one, because they were extremely cheap ($25 a piece??). But..they didn't seem quite right, they were for one TOO fat, like big porkers, they had no crest (?), and the guy wouldn't let me hold one beforehand. He said they were really friendly, but their policy is not to let the birds out . So I passed. I don't know how they expect to sell the birds like that...

Oh and borzoimom..this bird comes with a cage too...I haven't seen pictures but I'll let you know/send a pic if I get it.
    Last edited by areias; 02-28-2007 at 06:33 PM.

SQUEELS!!! Let me know..

OOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! ((I just felt like puting the extra e 's on for, well, i donno.)) ANOTHER CUTE PET TO LOOK AT!!! Deffinately send us pics!!

I got her! She's gorgeous, and is indeed a white faced tiel. So good so far, Tiki and her are already chirping at each other. The lady was VERY nice and very sad to see her go. She said that if I have any problems to give her a call or email and we will work it out.

I'm on the fence about if it is actually a female...I guess she talks, says "Pretty Bird" "Dirty Dirty Dirty bird" and "Hello". She does have a barred tail feather, but no other barring underneath. I will see if I can snap some pics a little later-don't want to freak her out any.

OMG OMG OMG!

Photos!

Awww congratz on your new baby!

congrats!! I cant wait for pics of the new little birdie!!!! I miss having a cockatiel around the house..
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Congrats!I can't wait for pictures.I love white-faced tiels.What's her/his name?
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010