Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Staci's DAD needs Prayers ~ Pain *Fixed* ~ Back HOME & Recovering

**gentle** (((Mr. M))) **gentle**

Poor Mr. M!! I hope you get to feeling all better very soon! At least you picked a good time to recover...when its all cold outside and you get to sit by a fire and watch lovely Christmas specials and be with your fabulous family.

I'm so happy you're in such a great place (medically) and that you have a very strong support system and what sounds like excellent doctors.

Now, be sure and do what the doctors tell you. Don't be brave, you've just had sir-jury...take it easy, take the medicine when they tell you to and you'll be all better before you know it.

(((((hugs, prayers, love and warm fuzzies))))) for the whole family.

Love you, Stac!!

Love, Kelly
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Stace just Texted Me:

"Pain is Kicking in."

Poor thing. Lets all step up the prayers that the nurses hussle with the pain medicine so that the healing can begin. (studies show that if the body is in pain, it cannot properly heal after a surgery)

Edit: Stace wrote again, he actually has 2 pain pumps and used one of them once. He'll need to get above that threshold and then he'll be OK. Poor guy. ((((gentle hugs, Mr. M))))

~~~~~~~~~~~
    Dear Lord,
    Please be with Mr. M now that he's done with his back surgery. Please help to ease his post surgical pain and discomfort with medicine and Your peace. He's been through a lot today and needs his rest and relaxation, without that, he cannot begin the long healing process ahead of him. Thank You so much for the amazing surgical team You provided and for guiding thier hands and heads to do a perfect job on Mr. M's back, so he'll be free from pain and back to a better body.

Thank you for giving Staci such a great dad and his family, him.

Thank you for all these things I ask, in Jesus' Name. Amen.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

I've had Mr. M on my mind through out the day~

Thank-you everyone for providing these up dates~

I will continue to keep him in my Prayers for a smooth recovery , with no further surgury~ ever again.
    Rest in Peace Corinna~ Well Never Forget You~

I"VE BEEN FROSTED

Glad to hear that the surgery went well and he'll be feeling better once he recovers! Hope the pain meds kick in soon and he can rest comfortably tonight!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Whew, that's good news! Will keep praying for a speedy recovery - he's going to feel soooooo much better.

Mr. M's doin *PHINE*!!

Staci's on the way home (@9:15 pm she's about 1/2 hour from home) and
    called in this report:

Dad's doin A-OK - Fussin an hollerin that he wants to EAT!

* got fitted for a back brace
    * got a walker
    * did a 250 foot Hike inna Hall - Doc was *impressed*!
    * pain pump only used once
    * took a Valium and slept that off
    * entertained the two Grand Kids and lived through it!
    * still planning on makin a break for it on Wednesday - Doc said "We'll see."

Staci says the Hospital is Really NICE - and the Staff are GREAT!

She'll check in as soon as she sez "Howdy" to the Big Red Dawg ...
    Keegan was going to be visited by the next-door neighbor today ...
    and may be over at his house.

More Best Wishes for Mr. M - Feel Better Soon!!

/s/ Phred
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Glad to hear things went well today! Lots of prayers for a fast and successful recovery.

I'm so glad and relieved that everything went well. I had to laugh at this...
    * did a 250 foot Hike inna Hall - Doc was *impressed*!
    It was the same with me. What is it about doctors??? They give you a standing ovation for walking inna Hall and another one for sitting and giving them a good BM. Don't they have a life???
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Staci I'm so happy to hear that you dad is doing so well shortly after surgery. I'll keep him in my thoughts that he has a speedy recovery!
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

we are home!
    pooped -
    but none worse for the wear.
    Yup I asked the neighbor to come and let Keegan out - he said he'd let her out a couple times welllllll, the big red dog spent the evening at the neighbors and even went on a car ride with him and their resident Shih tzu - Zoey! lol other then eating she hasn't done a whole lot since I got home she acts like she's been at the dog park or something!
    When we (sister and family) left dad was still harping over the fact that he still had the catheter in and he wasn't allowed to eat real food until morning. He's eaten 2 servings of chicken broth, 2 servings of jello, fruit ice, and numerous cups of coffee.
    When he got out of recovery we asked him about his pain and he said there was pain but it was different. Not the numbing, cramping, tingling pain in his legs like before. The docs were able to straighten the spine and do one fusion - putting in 6 pins and 2 rods. Said that the nerves were restored and wouldn't be frayed like before. (I think that's how he said it)Yes, he got up and walked a good distance. - then got some Vallium - and the nurse said he's get a nice nap. I don't think she was out the door before he was asleep!
    I can't say enough good things about this hospital. It was fabulous! My parents were told this morning that docs come from all over the world to operate there and patients come from all over the country to BE operated on! It is strictly Orthopedic and Neurological Surgery. They do about 25 inpatient surgeries and 25 outpatient surgeries a day.
    I will call them tomorrow and report how he's doing.
    My family wants to send deep heartfelt THANKS to each and everyone that thought of, prayed for us.
    THANK YOU!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Staci, I'm so glad to hear that your father's surgery went well and I hope that he'll make a full and speedy recovery. I'm still keeping him in my thoughts and prayers.

More paryers on the way, that his recovery continues smoothly, and that he is allowed "real food" really soon!

Woo! Woo! That's GREAT news!!! Mr M and I are in a dead tie for screws and rods! Yep! Up and attum down the hall almost immediately!!! And love those medication pumps! Good goin' Mr M!!! And Bless the docs, magic hands I say! Prayers for a speedy, pain free recovery!!! {HUGS!}

I've been Boooo'd!

This is great news, sounds like Mr M is doing really well!
    I hope his recovery continues smoothly and quickly.

This is wonderful news Staci. I am glad your dad is doing so well! I know it must be reassuring that he is in a place where you feel he is getting the best care and attention. It is so encouraging, even this early in the game, that he is no longer experiencing the numbing and tingling that he had before the surgery. That's a *thumbs up* for sure. Continued good wishes for a speedy healing and recovery!