Thread: Christmas From the Heart ... Need Gift Ideas!

Christmas From the Heart ... Need Gift Ideas!

Each year my hubby and I participate in the "Chrismas From the Heart" program through Nissan. This year we have a little 5 year old boy named Tyshawn to buy for! Does anyone have any ideas of something really cool a 5 year old little guy would like to have?
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

I am not sure Kim but we are doing 2 stockings for two 5 year old girls and I need help also!

They are encouraging us to include things that they actually need also...like cute socks and things like that.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Tonka Truck! The real metal kind, a dump truck is great, as it can carry around other toys, too - I recommend Tonka Trucks for 3 to 6-year-olds of either gender!

Blocks or Lincoln Logs are also great, classic and fun!

Thank you, Karen!
    caseysmom - I always try to get several things ... a few useful and a few FUN!

Thats what I am going to do also Kim...a 5 year old needs some sheer fun! I got some cute fuzzy pink socks for them...now I need to do some fun shopping.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

How fun! And what a nice thing to do!

I have a five-year old nephew and he loves super-heroes, like Spiderman, Batman, etc. I always try to get him something somewhat educational too, but that's fun. He just started kindergarten and he loves numbers, so this year one of his gifts will be a puzzle-book that uses numbers. Like, connect the dots and mazes and so on.

I would also recommend legos. They are fun for almost any age, for girls or boys.

Oh, I also wanted to suggest art supplies, like crayons and construction paper, play-doh, etc.

Whatever you decide on getting I'm sure it will be greatly appreciated by him.

Thank you Pembroke Corgi, for some more great ideas!

Well I had a girl- but she loved a tent at that age. Here is a picture of her in with one of my shepherds and she was almost 6. ( still 5) I dont remember how much it was, but I do remember I was on a "low budget"..
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by borzoimom
    Well I had a girl- but she loved a tent at that age. Here is a picture of her in with one of my shepherds and she was almost 6. ( still 5) I dont remember how much it was, but I do remember I was on a "low budget"..
    What a darling picture! The tent idea would be great, but the gift has to fit in a bag that they give us! It's pretty good sized, but not quite tent sized!

I'm a fan of lots of little toys- small trucks/cars (matchbox), art supplies, play-doh, books, paper, etc. I went to the Dollar Store and got a ton of just little things to make gift bags for several children. I hope they like it!
    Chris

I'd probably put together a package of "Art stuff" -- Play-Doh, Crayloas, coloring books, etc. There's too many distractions with Tv and video games these days, I feel kids need to get back to basics and explore where their imagination can take them.

cassiesmom-Toy horses for the girls.My little ponys are cute.Art suppiles crayons/coloring books/paper/colored pencils/markers/ect...A mini stuffed animal is also a great idea.
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

Well, I have a 5 year old boy Not sure of your price range...but his favorite toys at the moment are: legos...the smaller size now, not the big block ones. His Leap Frog leappad...it is an interactive electronic toy that you buy books age appropriate for them to place in it ( a 5 year old would use a Pre-K or kindergarten book). The books are around $15.00 and the Leapfrog is probably $30.

He still loves play dough...he has dough dough island and loves it!

You could throw in some educational playing cards...like "go fish", alphabet or number cards...you can pick them up near the book section of a Kmart or Walmart...

Christian loves his toy trucks and mororcycles too.

I would have to say he plays most with the legos and has fun building things...but the play dough is a big hit too. Oh, he also loves his lincoln logs...always a classic favorite

Wow, more great ideas! Thanks ladies!