Thread: RIP Cookie...

RIP Cookie...

My girl… Cookie died.
    Cookie was one of my first three hamsters. We went to PETCO and my sister picked out a big golden rescue girl. She was supposed to be my sisters little hammy– as I had two Dwarf hammies of my own (Nutmeg & Marcy). After spending $200 on supplies for six hamsters, we got in the car and were on our way home. Laura was sticking her fingers in the cardboard transportation box where her golden hamster sat – feeding the little hamster treats and thinking of a name for her – she decided to name her Cookie because of her color and how much she liked her little ‘hamster cookies’. I must add that on the first day, the day that was being handled for the first time, and by a person she didn’t know, the little girl didn’t bite my sister once, or on any other day for that matter. Once home she was in her ball running around while we set up all the six cages – which was very frustrating by the way. After setting up the cages (finally!) she enjoyed running around the biggest cage she’d ever been in- way better than the container she was in at the pet store.
    The first few weeks my sister had her and loved her – but after a few weeks of cleaning her cage, feeding her, and everything else, she just got tired of it all and all. So, she came into my room with the cage in her hands and asked if I wanted her and I immediately took the sweetie in. After instantly making friends with my brother’s hamster, JJ, they would play together for a little while at night, and then sleep and play by themselves in their own cages.
    Everyday I would take her out of her cage and play with her. Nobody that ever touched the little one had ever got bit by her. After a while my sister decided she wanted her back. I had been expecting her to ask that. So, after some arguing she got to take her back into her room – although I still went in there and played with her everyday.
    About 4 times she got out of her cage and hid in purses, behind dressers and desks, and once even inside a sock. We always found her safe & sound though. Happy and fat was what she was every time we found her after a little escape of hers.
    It had been a little less than a year when my mom & I were in my sister’s room. I looked around Cookie’s usual sleeping places and found her. But… she was gone. Dead I mean. I don’t know how she died or what she died from… whatever it was I’m really upset and sad she left me. I miss her so 

Cookie,
    Joy is something I had to have in my life. I’m happy to say you brought just that to me.

RIP.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ripcookie.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	18.5 KB 
ID:	31783   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8-15-06 019.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	370.2 KB 
ID:	31784   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8-15-06 018.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	516.9 KB 
ID:	31785  

sorry for your loss R.I.P sweet Cookie.
    and my the Angels Smile Upon you.

Rest in peace, Cookie, I am sure you are fat and happy once again, running in the meadows and hammie tunnels up at the Rainbow Bridge.

Rest In Peace Cookie. Your mom misses you.Have fun playing with the other hammies at the RB.
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

Cookie was adorable, and I know she had a splendid life. =)
    RIP Cookie!