Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Floyd/ Blue Front Amazon Parrot

Floyd/ Blue Front Amazon Parrot

I would like to introduce to you our eighteen year old Blue Front Amazon, Floyd. He is from my husbands family and was just passed on to us this year.
    Floyd came to our home with a bang, as it was on July fourth of this year. He has a couple of phrases he speaks very well, they are, "Good Morning Floyd," and "Hello Floyd". We were told that Floyd said many other things before his move, so I am hoping he will become comfortable enough to say much more. I understood from my husband's family that Floyd will live for up to 150 years! That is quite a long life. If anyone knows very much about these birds, please share with me. Is this life span for him correct?
    The thing that is funny is that he gets lonely when one of us leaves the room, and honks really loud! He sounds like an alarm! But this behavior has decreased in the last couple of Days since we have put a mirror behind his cage. I think he honked because he was lonely.
    I would love to hear from others parrot people!
    I have attached a picture of Floyd for you to see.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by [email protected]; 10-16-2003 at 11:35 PM.

What a boooteefull birdie!!

Aww cute Bird!!!
    Guess what? My dads name is Floyd!!

To Cookiebaker

Thank you; We appreciate your response and Floyd "Thank you Floyd" LOL
    Last edited by [email protected]; 10-16-2003 at 11:36 PM.

Amber, re: Floyd

How funny! I guess it sounded funny that someone has named their bird the same name as your Dad has! Thanks for the nice things you said about our Floyd!

floyd

that is a beautiful bird ! i have only owned cockateils and parakeets , and they have been nifty creatures having little clown -like personalities . sounds like you solved his problem . how could he do his grooming without a mirror ? heh,heh ,heh . thanks for showing the picture of him .

amoore

Thank you!!!
    This is for what you said about Floyd and for those great baby pictures! You have beautiful babies! Please send as many pictures as you can!!! I know you are a busy mom and a happy one too with all those treasures!

Floyd

I have always loved birds, but I really got into them big time, when I had to raise a baby one that my big black cat stubby brought into me, I had to feed him different things, and finally was able to turn him back loose into the wild, I see him from time to time, but he will not come up to me. I have always wanted a bird like Floyd, he is such a beautiful bird, I bought me a baby cockateil, and raised him from a baby, and I am really crazy about him. Floyd looks very happy just sitting on his perch, does he ever just fly around the room?

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

What a darling birdie Floyd is! Welcome to PT Floyd birdie! I hope you stick around long, because I absolutely LOVE birds and expecially enjoy hearing about them on PT! He's absolutely gorgeous! I have two birdies as well, but they're cockatiels. Gotta love those feathered friends of our's! I always heard the average lifespan for blue front amazons was 65-100 years, which is LONG! That's pretty much the same lifespan as that of human beings, so if you have one of these birds, its basically a wonderful pet for life! Please tell us more about Floyd and share more pics! I love that little birdie! He's 18.............wow.........seems so old for another animal, yet in the case of Floyd, he's just as young as a human 18 year old would be! Thanks for telling us about Floyd!

Ps. Anathiona, your signature is adorable, but far above the signature limit for this site. I made you a signature out of the pictures you currently have in it, at the right size. Hope you like it! Here it it.

Last edited by popcornbird; 10-17-2003 at 03:09 AM.

grover pictures

hey i love your grover ! how cute ! looked really cute studying the litter box . she is so pretty , and i loved your story of how you come to own her . your daughter and you were angels and rescued her from a terrible ending . Wish you all a long and happy life!

This is a great thread. Welcome Floyd. Such a pretty bird. I noticed that the other PT friends pictured have the same pets I had as a child. Siamese kitty,schnauzer dog and our current duck.There was even the same brown swivel rocker in the picture. LOL.
    Nibbles

Trayi52, amoore, and [email protected] do you three know eachother? You all have the same signature setup so thought maybe you all knew eachother, or is that a new thing everyone is doing with their sigs? For people like me who are on a dialup connection huge signatures like that cause the board to go slow for us. If you can maybe edit your signature that would be great, and as you know PCB makes beautiful signatures.

Floyd is beautiful and I really like the ducky as well.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Floyd is a beautiful parrot!

popcorn

Thank you very much about all the sweet things you said about Floyd, your birds are very pretty too; I do love cockatils also, but Floyd is the only feathered friend we have just now. I really loved what you did with my pictures, thank you so much, I really appreciate that. Very beautiful. I have no programs to do stuff like that with, and honestly, I really am not very bright with computers yet, since I really haven't had one that long. I am 33 years old and this year has been my first experience with owning a computer. I always fussed about them and said I would never have one, but I have had a change of heart. I am enjoying looking at all these beautiful pictures and discussing our loveable pets with each other and I am really enjoying this so far.
    Since we have had him for such a short time, I really can't think of a whole lot I haven't told you about him right at this moment. I would like to talk to you about how you treat mites with yours.
    I will see if I can get someone to help me with this signature thing. have a good day, and again I appreciate what you did with our pictures.

I'm glad you liked the sig. Actually, my birds never had mites so I never had to treat them. I've seen products at Petco for this, but I don't know how safe they are to use. You might want to ask an avian vet.

Ps. The reason I made you the signature was because your current signature is far too big for the signature limit on this site. Large signatures can be very disturbing when they don't load for people with slow connections. That's why I put all your pics in one. I see that you have added mine but kept the rest, which ends the whole purpose because it made it even bigger. You'll have to take the other pics out of the sig and just keep that one to keep it in the size limit.

Some other newbies need to do the same.