Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kurby's At The Emergency Room

Kurby's At The Emergency Room

We just got home from dinner and I noticed Kurby acting strangely. He was walking around growling (totally unusual for him) and then flopping on the ground. He would then proceed to lick in his private area, and then growl. I’m thinking he either has a UTI or blockage. Please send Kurby your well wishes.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Oh No, No, No!!! Not precious Kurby. Big time prayers on the way that it isn't anything serious and just an UTI that can be taken care of with medication.

I've never heard of a cat reacting that way though, or is this something normal that they do with a blockage or an UTI?

Come on sweetie, you have a full and speedy recovery now ya hear!

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by rg_girlca
    Oh No, No, No!!! Not precious Kurby. Big time prayers on the way that it isn't anything serious and just an UTI that can be taken care of with medication.

I've never heard of a cat reacting that way though, or is this something normal that they do with a blockage or an UTI?

Come on sweetie, you have a full and speedy recovery now ya hear!
    I'm not sure either except the growling might be a sign he's in pain and leave him alone (the other cats). The licking could be a sign where it's hurting and he's trying to make it feel better?
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

I hope Kurby's feeling better and back home soon! *Fingers crossed* that it's not a blockage!

Thank you Wolf_Q!

I hope it's something simple...poor Kurby! Prayers and get-well wishes on the way!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

He's baaaaaaaaaaack and has a UTI. There are crystals but they're not sure if the infection caused them, or the crystals caused the infection. We'll know more once they see if the medications work. Keep your fingers crossed it will develop into anything further.

Oh no, poor Kurby! I sure hope it's nothing too serious and that he's home again real soon.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

PHEW!!! Well, you know what I mean. I'm glad that it isn't anything serious, but sorry to hear that he has an UTI. But at least this is something that will get better with medication.

Hugs and kisses to you sweet boy and feel better real soon.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

We posted about the same time so I almost missed the good uppydate! SO glad to hear it's "only" a UTI, but I sure hope the crystals don't develop into something more serious. Can't wait to meet him!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

I hope Kurby can shake off the infection quickly and then relax into feeling well again. Is he on a special diet already, or is this something you have to start now? I always feel like letting out a maniacal laugh when my vet tells me that yet another cat has to have yet another special diet.

I'm sorry to hear that Kurby has a UTI but I'm glad that he's home now. I hope he feels better soon and recovers quickly. Get well soon Kurby and be sure to take all of your meds like a good boy.

Get well soon Kurby.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzie
    I hope Kurby can shake off the infection quickly and then relax into feeling well again. Is he on a special diet already, or is this something you have to start now? I always feel like letting out a maniacal laugh when my vet tells me that yet another cat has to have yet another special diet.
    No special diet as of yet (thankfully). If this continues to be a problem then that will be the next step.

Kurby is still in pain this morning but surprisingly took his meds very easy. He also ate very well. Thanks everyone he sure could use some good vibes right now.

Poor Kirby, get better soon!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Get well prayers for you Furby Kurby!

Thanks for taking your meds like a good boy...you will feel better soon!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda