Thread: worried about Runner

worried about Runner

This past week you would swear she was PMSn lol. She's been growling for stupid reasons.

My cat comes into the room. She growls at her. My daughter walks in the room, she growls. She stops when I call her name. But I don't know why she's doing this. This is all very new. NOt every time does she do this. But a lot more than normal. Which was never.

When I say room. Usually it's the living room. And Runner is most of the time on the couch. But not everytime that she's on the couch shes growling. Sometimes she will be laying on the floor.

maybe she's having a bad week?
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

could be. Otherwise she acts fine and normal.

She may need NILIF. If she's up on the couch growling, command her to move to the floor.

Molly used to do it too - but then I started not allowing her up on furniture and it kicked the habit.

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

Is she in any pain at all and perhaps just not wanting anyone bothering her? Even if she isn't showing any other signs besides aggression, she could be. My dogs would never let us know when they were in pain. Either that, or she's just doesn't understand fully where she sits in pack order. NILIF works wonders so if you haven't started that, I suggest you do and if you are using it, then continue and maybe be a bit stricter. Also, when she's doing something wrong try not to just call out her name. It should be a command such as "enough".

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

she may be in pain. It's been a lot cooler lately. Does the cool wweather make them more sore?

My Gordon Setter x that had a bone chip in his shoulder would suffer a great deal of pain during winter and moist days, so it's very likely she could be feeling pain during these cold months.

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone