Thread: Excited pee..

Excited pee..

I know that this is a common problem, but I would love to know what to do to stop it. My dog is wonderful, but everytime someone plays with her and she gets really excited, she pees. It is not excessive peeing, but little spots here and there. Yesterday she was laying on my bed and my brother started teasing her and she "sprinkled." I just took her out an hour before. What do I need to do to get her out of this? My carpet and furniture can't handle anymore. Thanks.

pee

Geez I don't know what to say, except can I borrow her, there is a neighbor I don't like?

How old is she???

Bob did this for about his first 3 months of life. I was thinking... Ohhhh....geeez, we got a peer. But he stopped on his own once he gained better control of his bladder and was totally housebroken. Now he can handle all the excitement you can give him.

Excited pee

She is approximately 14-16 months (she was a rescue dog), so I thought she would be out of it by now. I keep telling everyone, "don't get her too excited," but she loves playing!

What kind of dog is she, some dogs never out grow it. My english springer spaniel is 13 months and still does it. I would take her outside before playing with her. We also take her outside to greet people so she doesn't get excited in the house and pee when people come to visit! Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by sanford8916
    What kind of dog is she, some dogs never out grow it. My english springer spaniel is 13 months and still does it. I would take her outside before playing with her. We also take her outside to greet people so she doesn't get excited in the house and pee when people come to visit! Good luck!
    Yeah, yer right. My FIL had Cockers always.. and they "ALL" seemed to be peers their whole lives!

Excited pee..

She is a Jack Russell. She doesn't get overly excited when people come over, just when the guys are playing around with her. She doesn't even do it when I play with her (that I know of).

Uhh!!

You should see the stains on my carpet from my little maltese piddling (is what I call it) Every time she gets excited its like she cant hold it. I know what you mean oyu just left her out for an hour. Although my dog only did it when I came home after a long period and she would go crazy squat and pee. What I did was when I went out I would put a wee wee pad right by the door where she would pee. It worked 99% of the time. But when I went out for real long times I put on a doggie diaper (that u could buy online) I reallly hope this helps!!
    I've been Frosted!!! *****

There isn't anything you can do to stop it. Dogs usually outgrow it in time.
    -------------------
    http://dogshop.50webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by sanford8916
    I have the same breed (Springer) but older (8yrs) and a similar story - fine while playing but pees when greeting/meeting people.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisH
    I have the same breed (Springer) but older (8yrs) and a similar story - fine while playing but pees when greeting/meeting people.
    Same with my 5 1/2 year old standard poodle. She did it with almost every visitor to the house as a puppy but thankfully hasn't done it in over a year and then only when someone arrived whom she had never met. My niece and her hubby came to visit and she ran to the door to greet them and I was so happy to not see any signs of a sprinkle. She then ran over to the sofa and laid down and my niece's hubby walked over to pet her and she sprinkled on the sofa.