Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The "basement orangies" have been caught!

The "basement orangies" have been caught!

Well I finally got the little buggars! Traps just weren't working so I waited real late to feed the ferals one night. I put out the food, squated beside the food bowls and waited. I have two big bowls that I feed in so I had one bowl on the right side of me and one on the left. The temptation and hunger was more than they could take so finally one of them came up to eat. I sat real still and waited until the other one finally came up too. Now I had one on the right and one on the left. They were testing my coordination! I reached out with both hands and scruffed them up! Now I had both hands full of wiggling ticked off kittens and I couldn't open the door. I rang the doorbell with my elbow over and over until hubby finally came to the door! He thought I was just goofing off. Finally they are both inside and doing well. They both have a little cruddy eye and are on antibiotics but seem overall healthy.

Let me introduce the two new orangie twins that still need names. They are both boys and I can't tell them apart just yet. I need cute twin name ideas guys!

Day one

Day three

The one in the photo that is belly up has calmed down a lot. You can walk up to him and pet him. He will even purr. The other one is still skittish and you kind of have to sneak up on him but once you do you can pet him and sometimes get a little bit of a purr.
    The skittish one has an umbilical hernia which will be fixed when he is nuetered.

Ok, start naming and claiming! Hubby is already planning on keeping them and I want to find them a good home. A PT home would be ideal.

Aww, what cuties! So glad you got them inside, they seem to enjoy it too.

Can't think of any names right now, but I hope you'll find a good loving home for them.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

AWWWWW!!!! They're adorable and I'm so glad that you finally caught them. I'm sure that with your loving care they'll be socialized in no time. I can't think of any good names for them right now but I'm sure that you'll pick just the right ones.

Cute beyond words

Oh I am having a cute attack...................
    Names gosh, how about. Spunky and Spike
    Cougar and Camper
    Zest and Zoey
    Mustard and Mayo
    Sparks and Spice
    Dakota and Disney or Denver
    Gobble and Munch

I looked up a cat names website so how about:

Rory & Rojo or Rory & Rowan- have red meaning behind them

Rusty & Rufus- have red meanings behind them

Blaze & Ember- sound cute together

Oh Lisa, what gems!!!! They are just the handsomest boys ever! I can't believe the long haired feral population by you. amazingly gorgeous kittens!

They are gorgeous!!!! I want one - well, I wish I could have one should I say.

They look like little Cheddar and Cheeto to me but that may not be fancy enough names for such fluffy gorgeous kitties.

From Decker with Love

Quote Originally Posted by catnapper
    Oh Lisa, what gems!!!! They are just the handsomest boys ever! I can't believe the long haired feral population by you. amazingly gorgeous kittens!

Kim I know it seems like a lot of long hairs but these are the first ones in a long time. All of my originals came from one long haired mom but she has since vanished. It seems like a lot because I've been catching a few at a time from this same litter. There were originally five and baby Munchkin died early on. I then caught Noah and Whisper and finally these two.

I love the names!!! Keep them coming and I'll run them by hubby tonight and see what he likes.

btw~Little Whisper passed away Thursday night. There was a necropsy done and it wasn't FIP. No cause could be found so the vet felt like it must have been something in the brain. All three orange boys weigh between 2 and 3 pounds but the dark tabby girls never even got to a pound. They both ate continuisly but they never thrived. Poor babies. I thought it was odd that they were both dark in color and the only females. Not sure what went wrong there. RIP little Munchkin and Whisper.

Aww Lisa, I'm so sorry to hear Whisper didn't make it. Thank goodness it wasn't FIP.

From Decker with Love

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!
    What a pair of Big Orange Kittens.
    I bet that these Kittens have more than a bit of Maine Coon in them,as they look as though you are going to be Huge Fluffy Cats.
    Thank God you were able to catch them so they will have a chance at a Furr Ever Home.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

They are so adorable! I'm thrilled you were able to get them!!!
    They remind me of my two little twin orangies, Rusty and Riley ... but they were short haired! When I got them and took them to my vet, he called them "Pete and Repeat"! LOL!
    Last edited by kimlovescats; 11-19-2006 at 09:20 PM.
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

"Hey There" and "Who Me"

(were actual names of another pair I heard of!)
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Jazzcat

Hi Jazzcat,
    I thought your name ideas where great.

Look at those little darlings! The one really looked relaxed; bet they will both calm down a lot.

so sorry about Whisper & Munchkin..............
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

what gorgeous boys. I am soo sorry about Whisper and Munchkin. RIP little girls.

AS for names how about

Lokki & Thor

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica