Here in Tampa, our Hillsborough County Animal Services has had an outbreak of canine distemper. Supposedly four have died from it, and six were infected. Dog adoptions have been closed since October, they were supposed to reopen on Monday but now they don't know when they will reopen. Here is a news article:
Click Here

Unfortunately our local animal services is somewhat-unforgiving, and nothing is treated. An animal has to be in top health when it comes in and during its stay to be passed through to adoption. Otherwise it is euthanized. Although some of the articles say only two were euthanized and two are being treated-I don't think that is the case. I talk to a lady there all the time-she helped me pick a decent dog, told me which ones she thought would be the best in my household, told me which ones were kinda grumpy, etc. And she's also told me the horror stories that I am not allowed to repeat. I'm not totally sure, but based on what I've heard and seen there, I have a feeling that any dog that is as much as lethargic or have a runny stool, that they are being PTS. I wouldn't put it past the director of the place to order a total euthanasia throughout the building. I go there every week or two, just to take a look and also my friend is looking for something, so both of us pretty much know the dogs that are there, or were there. We were there two days before they closed-there were so many that I just wanted to take home. There was also two gorgeous purebred rough collies, and to think that all these dogs may have been PTS...it's really upsetting.

So any prayers, good thoughts, anything sent their way would be great. Hopefully my suspicions are wrong and when they reopen I'll still see a few of the faces that I had seen before. I keep thinking of this senior Collie/Shepherd mix that was there, I had briefly thought about adopting before I moved back to moms because I felt so bad for her. I hope she makes it.