Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Level Of Sleeze For Fox Channel

New Level Of Sleeze For Fox Channel

I just heard of this new TV show on Fox Network. I can't believe they are
    serious about doing this OJ show.

Fox's O.J. Simpson show tarnishes all of television
    What happened to Fox?

Sure, we all remember that this is the channel that brought us “Joe Millionaire” and “The Littlest Groom” and all sorts of stomach-churning reality fare.

Still, this is also the network that broadcasts “House.” It’s the former home of “Arrested Development,” for goodness sake.

Fox has even moved away from sleazoid reality in recent years, transitioning to more family friendly fare such as “So You Think You Can Dance.” And in “American Idol,” it’s got possibly the most family-friendly franchise in all of television.

Speaking of that last show – it is, as you’re no doubt aware, a cash cow. Thanks to “Idol,” Fox is rolling in dough.

So why on Earth would the network feel the need to air “O.J. Simpson: If I Did It, Here's How It Happened,” a nauseating two-part special in which the former NFL star will talk about how he would have killed his ex-wife and Ronald Goldman – except that, of course, he didn’t.

As my colleague Phil Rosenthal pointed out in his column today, a book on the same topic, published by a Fox-owned company, is coming out Nov. 30, the day after the second part of the interview airs on the Fox network. “It's one hand soiling the other,” Rosenthal wrote.

Perhaps Fox executives were forced by their corporate overlords to air this disgusting spectacle. One wished they’d had the backbone to just say no.

This move tarnishes not only the network, giving people the impression that Fox has gone back to peddling full-on sleaze, but it tarnishes all of television. I’d bet the producers of “House” and “24” are currently taking anti-nausea medication at the thought that they have to share a network with this kind of tabloid trash.

Fox executives need to take a good hard look at their network and decide what they want it to be known for. Frankly, aside from “House” and “24,” there’s not much worth watching on Fox.

Of course “Idol” will continue to fill the coffers for years to come, but executives at the network seem to have given up on trying to come up with quality scripted fare to fill up the space between “Idol” seasons. This season’s new Fox shows were particularly weak, and many of the networks new programs are already gone.

It’s going to take Fox a very long time to live down the stigma of this heinous O.J. program. Perhaps an effort to come up with a slate of quality programs will help. A little.

The bottom line is, Fox needs this program like it needs a hole in the head. Does it want to be known for popular, quality programs or does it want to be known as the purveyor of exploitative fare?

Rupert Murdoch and his Fox network minions needs to decide
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Wow...... not even sure what to say about that. Maybe O.J. finally wants to admit that he actually did do it?

Not that I have a ton of respect for Fox, or any tv channel, but any respect I do have will be gone if they air that.

I sincerely hope that the Police will be watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by Killearn Kitties
    Unfortunately, due to double jeopardy, he could admit that he did it on national tv and they couldn't touch him. He was already tried for the crime, he cannot be tried again for the same crime.

The whole OJ thing really steams me. I hope Johnny Cochran is restless in his grave, although I know the blame is not completely his but I won't go there.... Anyone who gives this creep time on the airwaves is an idiot. *sigh*

Oh my god that is horrible. To talk about a REAL murder like that? Sick.

OJ just doesn't have a clue, does he? I wonder if he got any money for the interview and if the proceeds will go to the Goldman family? I think he still owes them millions of dollars from the civil suit.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

Quote Originally Posted by Pam
    The whole OJ thing really steams me. I hope Johnny Cochran is restless in his grave, although I know the blame is not completely his but I won't go there.... Anyone who gives this creep time on the airwaves is an idiot. *sigh*
    You forgot whathisname...Kardashian.....Look at his reaction when that verdict was read.

First of all Fox is taking a chance for ratings....

THE PERSON TO BLAME IN THAT SEE YOU NEXT TUESDAY- JUDITH REAGAN

She is the one that owns Reagan Books.......and the one that will pay Simpson the bucks..

It is too bad that Fox is giving this moron airplay but you have to wonder what he will say and how much he will indict himself.

Fox stands to make ratings, Reagan and Simpson the money.....

Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Killearn Kitties

Do do do do, da da da da , is all I want to say to you!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD
    Do do do do, da da da da , is all I want to say to you!!!!
    Not them, you lunatic! The REAL Police Force, who just might be able to do something about it, if he says enough.

10. Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD
    Fox stands to make ratings, Reagan and Simpson the money.....
    Not exactly true RICHARD....Fox makes money from the commercials aired during the broadcast and Reagan (any relation???) makes money if the books sell.

So blame the publisher, blame the network....but do save a little blame for anyone who watches it. (and it should go without saying.....beyond blame for Simpson himself.)

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary
    Not exactly true RICHARD....Fox makes money from the commercials aired during the broadcast and Reagan (any relation???) makes money if the books sell.

Ratings=money.

No, I am not related to any Reagan.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

12. Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD
    Ratings=money

In a manner of speaking. Higher ratings means the network can charge more money for commercials.

But it is still incorrect to say Fox will be making ratings and suggest not be making money on this broadcast....unless they are running it commercial-free.

Do you happen to know how much a prime time rating point is worth?

Me either....

I never suggested that Fox wouldn't make money on the interview.

I guess living so close to Hollywood has wrecked me.

14. Yes living in Red....opps I mean Orange County gives me the objectivity of distance.....

Will we get to see the bloody glove???
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.