Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maltese's

Maltese's

I never really started a thread on them before, but what does everyone think of Maltese's? Would you ever own one? How do you like their hair cut? Does anyone own them. Basically just a general opinion on them.

I love them, as you can see.

My boss has a maltese, Snuggles. His hair has never been clipped, it reaches the floor. He's a gorgeous dog after she gets him all brushed out and bathed. She's crazy about maltese dogs. I'll try to dig up a photo of Snuggles sometime.

I don't think I would get one, I have nothing against them, I think they are cute and many of them are quite cuddly and sweet. They just aren't the breed of dog for me (as everyone knows I'm obsessed with huskies.)

I love them! Most are very sweet I met one at the lake and she looked just like your girl, and came running up to me getting my pants all muddy but I didnt mind I loved her! I love their haircuts as long as its short but really long haired ones like the show ones I'm not a fan of their hair. I dont think I'd own one because I perfer big dogs Although I do like them!

Thank you SO much kitty_cats_delight
    for the UNBELIEVABLEY awesome signature!!

I think they are adorabe.. there is a couple that comes to the dog park and they have 2, Bella and Rocky..they are such sweethearts I would never own one, just because they arn't the beed for me..but i think they are wonderful little dogs

Up North. Where all your troubles freeze and fall off.
    I wouldn't get one, just because I like tall dogs. (I'm very lazy, I wouldn't want to stretch down everytime I wanna pet my pet ) Plus, I'm a hound fan.

But as a breed, they are quite nice. I've met a few who were rather "yappy." I wouldn't have time to take care of the coat, but as far as the coat goes, I like a short puppy-cut.
    STILL AVAILABLE BY E-MAIL

Also, my grandpa and aunt have Malteses. My aunts boy Toby was such a sweetie (towards people and other dogs anyways lol) although the giant teddy bear his mum gave her had his eyes ripped out and arms ripped off...lol. My grandpas girl is 17 years old and very small. Shes hates kids and just lays on her special pillow at home. If she sees a kid come towards her she growls. even if you mean no harm. So i guess most are friendly, although the older ones dont tend to be as much fun.

Thank you SO much kitty_cats_delight
    for the UNBELIEVABLEY awesome signature!!

I feel much the same way about them as Amy. I would never get one myself. They're cute, sweet little dogs but just aren't for me. Tollers are my type of dog, as you well know...and well, a Maltese just doesn't compare to them at all..lol.

As far as their coat length goes, I'm not sure which I prefer on them. I think a properly taken care of, long coat is absolutely gorgeous but the shorter cut is cute too.

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

I don't think I would ever own one, but they are beautiful little dogs. I've never met one before, but I've heard that they are as sweet as can be.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

I love Maltese's! We had one for almost 16 years (he died the day before his 16th birthday) We loved him so much. His name was Toto if I can find a pic of him I will scan it and send it.
    Michelle

Go Maltese!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love them!!!!!! I have one and they are the cutest little things!!!!!!! Minnie my maltese says hi! Go maltese those lil sweeties!!!!!!
    I've been Frosted!!! *****

Oh Alyssa, you know I hate them...
    I'm OBSESSED with maltese!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

I love Malteses! When I was at the shelter the day I found Jasper, there was a DARLING senior Maltie boy who I was interested in, but he was surrendered because he was an obsessive compulsive barker, and my apartment would NOT have been an appropriate place for him. I hope he found someone, he was a doll and obviously missed his old family.

Thank you Wolf_Q!

I have a maltese/pomeranian mix and I absolutely adore her! She is the sweetest little girl ever! She's my best friend. Her hair is long and I have to keep it brushed every day or it tangles up easy, but other than that she's the best little puppy I could ever have found.
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

They're ok little dogs.

I'm torn between keeping a full length show coat and keeping it a little trimmed so it's only about 2 inches long.

I love the way the breed looks with a full coat, but hate the thought of how tangled and messed up it would get rough housing with the other dogs and just being a dog in general. I would keep it in wraps, but then there's no point in even keeping it that long. Not to mention the wraps would give the other dogs some easy handles.
    I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!

They are beautiful little dogs! Yes, if given the chance to own one, I would take one in a heartbeat. They are such sweet little dogs!

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!