Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stolen show dogs

Quote Originally Posted by bluebird
    Oh I see now. Didn't someone say you're judging at westminster this year or is it next year? That must be exciting.
    lollllllllllllll no but I am a judge. The co- owner of my dogs is though... But even if they could go, they could not compete as he is co- owner.

What breeds do you judge? I've done some judging myself

What breeds do you judge? I've done some judging myself
    Ohhhhhhhhhhh thats wonderful!!!!! I do herding and terriers. What do you do? Maybe you know my friend Iva.

Quote Originally Posted by lute
    *huff* i hope to someday go to Westminster! i would probably scream with excitment! the closest thing we have to it is the IKC shows in Feb. it's the only benched show i've ever been to. i was entered with Gracie last year. it was her last show. i'm going as a spectater this comming year with Megan! YAY!
    there's gonna be no benches now, (still a benched show but no actual wooden benches) I'll be there too, hopefully with a breeder to help!

Niņo & Eliza

That name doesn't ring a bell though I'm still a provisional judge.

I've mostly done herding and a few sporting breeds. Mostly on the West coast so far.

I pm'd you with the names. I dont feel safe here to say the names, but you will have them. Also- my judge name is under my previous marriage name and I pm'd you with that as well.

That name doesn't ring a bell though I'm still a provisional judge.

I've mostly done herding and a few sporting breeds. Mostly on the West coast so far.
    Too far for me- I am east coast but maybe you know my friends I pm'd you with..

I think I'm more shocked that the seizing chihuahua that needs C-sections is the dam of many champions...Wow, good choice for your breeding program!

I've never heard a show that actually checked dogs microchips/tattoos. Used to be mandatory to check tattoo numbers, waaay back when, but nowadays nobody does it (atleast where I am). Marla has seen dogs entered as other dogs and win. I always joke, "we should just enter Visa as Jag. Then Jag will finish alot faster!" I think they should definatly make it mandatory.
    I've been BOO'd!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsoul
    I think I'm more shocked that the seizing chihuahua that needs C-sections is the dam of many champions...Wow, good choice for your breeding program!

I've never heard a show that actually checked dogs microchips/tattoos. Used to be mandatory to check tattoo numbers, waaay back when, but nowadays nobody does it (atleast where I am). Marla has seen dogs entered as other dogs and win. I always joke, "we should just enter Visa as Jag. Then Jag will finish alot faster!" I think they should definatly make it mandatory.
    Oh I know- several other breed too.
    We are in a heavy populated dog show area- they wan a form of id- either tattoo or microchip if someone challenges the dog in the ring is the name listed. Its standard here.
    I will say I microchipped because these are my babies- and easier to get back if there were uh a uh kidnapping kind of thing..

Oh wait a minute, that wouldn't be the lady that breeds and judges Whippets and Junior Showmanship would it? If she's the one, we had a judging assignment at the same show once and I met her briefly at the Judges dinner.
    Nice lady with a big smile!

Wolfsoul that's the first thing I thought of about the chi too. What the heck are they doing breeding a dog that has seizures and needs c sections?

Oh wait a minute, that wouldn't be the lady that breeds and judges Whippets and Junior Showmanship would it? If she's the one, we had a judging assignment at the same show once and I met her briefly at the Judges dinner.
    Nice lady with a big smile!

Wolfsoul that's the first thing I thought of about the chi too. What the heck are they doing breeding a dog that has seizures and needs c sections?
    Yes she is and a very dear friend of mine!! Say hello to her for me would you? I am not active judging anymore because of my health, but we have been long friends. She is a sweetheart and also loves dogs. !!!!

borzoimom, what happened to you judging Westminster?
    I've been BOO'd!

Quote Originally Posted by borzoimom
    Yes she is and a very dear friend of mine!! Say hello to her for me would you? I am not active judging anymore because of my health, but we have been long friends. She is a sweetheart and also loves dogs. !!!!
    Wouldn't it be funny if we discovered you and I had met somewhere? But ofhand I don't remember meeting any female Borzoi, breeder judges! I remember meeting a delightful Borzoi breeder from NY, but we spent most of our brief visit talking horses, not dogs.

I would love to meet you. I wont be showing for at least two months because of health issues, and family obligations with the holidays. All our kids are in college, but that is when we see them the most. And judging taking expenses. Hotels etc., and you cant have your own dog in the show at the same time- or even co owned. As it is, I am limited where I can go out west or farther north, because the co-owner of my dogs is the top respected judge in Borzois.
    Have heart- the spring circuit is coming, and we will probably be headed out your way. I will let you know. Cant miss us- we should be ( I hope) the couple with two white and black borzois, and a merle collie for obedience trails.. lol..

It's always fun to meet judges from other parts of the country.

I'm considering an assignment for the CDVFA to be held May 29. If I accept, the details should be wrapped up soon. That's in your neck of the woods isn't it? Maybe you can pull some strings and wangle an invitation to the Judges dinner. That would be a great place to meet, maybe even run into some old friends.

I'll let you know!