Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dog dryers

dog dryers

As you all know by now, I am adding a collie into my group. I dont have to use dryers for the Borzois, but will need one for the collie. Metro is great, but soooooo expensive.. Anyone have any ideas on other brands? The problem I am having is that I am finding lots of cheaper ones, but without being able to see the dryers in person, its hard to decide. I figured peoples own words on what they use with their own heavy coated dogs would help..

Ohh, I'll be checking back for an answer. Im also looking for a dryer for my ShihTzu.

Thanks ~Jessie~

Its hard.. I mean soooooooo many on line but I am looking for a brand strong enough..

Do you know HOW to use one on a Collie? If not done right their fur can become easily matted and tangled wich I'm sure you know is not very nice.

Wolfsould uses the sameon I do at work I'm not sure what it's called so maybe she can help.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Quote Originally Posted by buttercup132
    Do you know HOW to use one on a Collie? If not done right their fur can become easily matted and tangled wich I'm sure you know is not very nice.

Wolfsould uses the sameon I do at work I'm not sure what it's called so maybe she can help.
    OF COURSE I DO... ROFL!!!!!!! how many champions have you had? ...

Quote Originally Posted by borzoimom
    None I work at a dog groomers. I was just asking incase you didn't know.. no need to get snappy...

And last time I checked you dont need to have champions in order to know how to blow dry a type of dog properly.

And you have Borzois not Collies right now?
    See ALL my pets here

Wow...that wasn't very nice.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I recently purchased this dryer http://www.ryanspet.com/ryanspet/cat...goryCode=6020& but it ended up being out of stock so I won't get it for 3-4 weeks. It doesn't show the price there, but when I ordered it, it was about $89, not bad for a metro dryer.

I wanted to get this one http://www.ryanspet.com/ryanspet/pro...startItemCnt=1 that is the kind we use at work and it is very nice, but I just could not afford that much right now.

Its rather silly question- I have had 19 champions at least... I am just trying to find a dryer that will be good enough, considering I havent had to have one for 8 years.
    She has noooooooooooo idea what my previous married name was, and all I get is an answer that is condensending at best...
    I have only been a copeland for 2 and half years... I dont understand her reason is questioning I know how to use one. I will just avoid both of your posts for now on. I never seem to get a real answer from either of you caseymom or buttercup ...

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_Q
    I recently purchased this dryer http://www.ryanspet.com/ryanspet/cat...goryCode=6020& but it ended up being out of stock so I won't get it for 3-4 weeks. It doesn't show the price there, but when I ordered it, it was about $89, not bad for a metro dryer.

I wanted to get this one http://www.ryanspet.com/ryanspet/pro...startItemCnt=1 that is the kind we use at work and it is very nice, but I just could not afford that much right now.
    wow= both are nice- how are they for less noise? I had a metro for years but boy was it loud!!

Its rather silly question- I have had 19 champions at least... I am just trying to find a dryer that will be good enough, considering I havent had to have one for 8 years.
    She has noooooooooooo idea what my previous married name was, and all I get is an answer that is condensending at best...
    I have only been a copeland for 2 and half years... I dont understand her reason is questioning I know how to use one. I will just avoid both of your posts for now on. I never seem to get a real answer from either of you caseymom or buttercup ...
    Apparently we were supposed to know that even though she has never said that.
    See ALL my pets here

I don't know about the first one, I have not received it yet. We had metro dryers in the shop at one point a few years ago, but I don't remember how loud they were.

The second one I use at work every day and it really is not too bad as far as noise goes. I usually put earplugs in when using them and sometimes I put cotton in Nebo's ears too, just because I don't want to listen to it.

this guy is only 7 months old. I would have started him out early with a dryer. I am looking for low noise. Its hard with all the new ones on the market that I cant see as I live in a rural area... With my other collies, I had a metro 1500 I think. Wasnt loud but didnt do much either. It took a longgggggg time with the back brushing to get my collies dried.

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom
    Wow...that wasn't very nice.
    I agree. It was uncalled for.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

OKAY, borzoimom. For those of us who don't have a clue. WHY do you need a dryer for a collie? Unless you want show quality, I mean.

We had a collie when I was a kid. We bathed her in the sink in the cellar, all her life. In warm summers, we let her out and raced around until she was warm. In the winters, we used towels. Lots of arm work and towels.

Oh, maybe it is the arm work. I forgot about the surgery. Oops, sorry. I guess that is it?