Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Beloved Duke is at RB...

Thanks for everyone's kind words. This is so much harder than I ever imagined. I'm giong to keep writing in here but you don't need to feel like you have to comment.

Sweet Duke,
    I'm taking your bed, extra food and medicine to the Humane Society today. I know you wouldn't mind sharing with a less fortunate dog. I hope that they can find a good home like you did. Corinna's bed stays here, though. I miss you so much, I feel as if I'm going to have a broken heart forever. I'll always love you dearly. Mama misses you. I hope dad and Corinna are taking really good care of you. Tell Kammisar that, thanks to you, I now know how truly special dogs are and I look forward to giving him a big hug (after you, of course) when we meet up again.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

I know its probably much too soon Val but just walk around the humane society....just think there is some dog that really needs a home there...see if Duke guides you to that special one. I think it would be great to hear paws running through the house again and know you are helping a dog. I think back about casey and think gosh what if I didn't go to the shelter that day, I can't even imagine not finding her.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Val, I'm so sorry.

I know how much you love Duke. That will never end. He will always be with you.

He is a young man again, running and playing with the others. Take comfort in knowing he will be waiting.

Mary

Duke

Hi Val,
    You don't know me, but I just read about your precious Duke and and wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers as well. I can only imagine how hard it must be for you, but take each day as it comes and know in your heart that Duke will live forever in your memories.
    Take care, Blue Girl

Thinking of you Val!

{hugs}
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Oh, Val, I know how you feel. It really, really hurts. My heart goes out to you.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Dearest Val.
    I Just saw the Post on Your Dearest "Duke"!!
    My Heart Goes Out To You and Yours!!!
    I Didin't Know that Duke was Ill!!!
    Val....You and Duke are in our Thoughts and Prayers!!!

Godspeed To The Rainbow Bridge,My Beautiful Friend,Duke!!!!
    Scrubber & Miss Puss w/Be There to Meet You!!!!
    Big Hugs For The "Duke"....And His Mommy Val!!!
    I Know that You Need Hugs,Dearest Val!!!
    You Have My Deepest Sympathies!!!
    Nicole
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids

Blog Entries

Unhappy DUKE DOG -- we will always love you

Ohl Val, our hearts break for You. Duke was an angel, dressed up as a dog. His start in life was very tough but dear Duke knew he was Val's special gift -- the most loving, faithful and protective friend. Duke took care of Val and his pet sibsl

Such a special dog Duke was. He loved our late darling Tiggy and was our rock when Sasha was terminally ill. I really believe Murray and me survived this very hard time we had to let Tiggy cross over to Rainbow Bridge in 2000 and in 2005 when our darling girl Sasha left us.

Duke Dog was a much loved friend to many folks and petsl He was Val's kindered spirit so dear Val, take comfort that your special pet will be missed and remembered by so many.

Sasha, Tiggy, Princess, Paddy Paws, Sheba, our dogs Bobby and Chucky and so many of our special pets are there at Rainbow's Bridge -- playing together and just waiting for that special moment when we, the humans they loved, cross over to be with them for all timel

Anytime you need us Val, don't hesitate to e-mail at my Yahoo! address.

Felix (Maine Coon Cat) & Norman (Marbled Bengal Tabby Cat)

KatMa says:
    "Angels are sent to purrsons, dressed up as Cats" and
    ~Life without Cats is NOT a life at all!~
    Original cat quotations(c)Susan Elizabeth Dykhuis

Life without liberty is like a body without spirit -Kahlil Gibran

Sasha the Queen Calico
    b. 8 May 1994 - d. 29 August 2005

Our most purrecious little girl, we love you fur~ever.

Bobby the Dog, cats Tiggy [TBCU], Princess and Paddy-Paws, and Chucky the Dog are showing you the ropes at RB. Kisses and hugs to all of our darlings from your KatMa & Paw-Paw.

Calico Cat Atavar by: Glenda Moore

Dear Duke, I can't find words to express how much your sweet face has added to the pleasure of being here at Pet Talk. You were a good dog , Duke, and the relationship you had with Val was something to behold. Unfortunately she will miss you and grieve for you all the more because of how dear you were to her. You were one of those dogs we really seemed to get to know and we will miss you too.

Val, I do believe many of us here really do understand the hole in your heart. Sometimes it feels unbearable and that the joy of life will never be the same. Yet, somehow, some way we move on and other joys come, but never quite the same. The wounded heart will heal though. Please know that there are so many of us out here thinking about you and you have come to the right place to share your memories.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Val,

Please accept my sincere condolences. I am so VERY sorry! I got a phone call from Davidp the other night with the sad news. I asked him to please PM you and to let you know how sorry I was to hear about Dukie. If you ever need to talk honey, please call me. I'll PM you with my phone number again, just in case.

RIP sweet Dukie. You were a true, loyal friend who deserves to play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.

(((((HUGS)))))

Donna and furkids

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I am soo sorry for your loss Val, we all loved duke. He was such a great dog. All of tyhe pics he was in, made me smile. He always had such a puppish disposition, so playful and handsome . He will be greatly missed. I send my thoughts your way.
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Unhappy

Very sorry to hear of your loss.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

I'm missing you so much today. When I was at the vet with you, I held you tight. I never wanted to let go. I ran my fingers through your fur, snuggled my face in it, treasuring every moment. I had my arms wrapped around your neck for the longest. It was so hard to leave you there. I left part of myself with you, I would pay all the money in the world to have you back with me. As much as I love my things, I would walk the street as a pauper if you were by my side. I love you, sweet dog. Today, the rain is falling just like my tears. I'll be glad when I can remember you with happiness.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Still thinking of you Val. Hey Duke, I hope you see my rb gigi up there, she loved doggies, I bet she is giving you a head bumpie.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers Val. Sending you warm hugs this morning. Duke touched so many hearts. He will never be forgotten, he's your angel watching over you forever.