Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Beloved Duke is at RB...

I keep thinking about you Val and hope you are okay. Duke is in a better place, hopefully you are not suffering Val.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Duke

I remember all the pictures of you your mom posted of you. You were a spoiled little man. I think that to your mom you definitly weren't a four legged friend but more like her four legged other half. She will miss you and the support, love and laughter you brought into her life, but don't fret dear one, the next puppy you hand choose to enter into her life will certainly never fill your shoes, but will take care of mom just as you have.

Safe journey loved boy, please know we will never forget you.

Ashley
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

RIP, Duke.
    Jen & Gigi

Thanks Kay for the set.

OH NO!!!

I am so sorry Val !! sending some {{{hugs}}}

Duke was one of my favorites... i always loved seeing pictures of him... he was so photogenic!

I know you heart is broken... what a lucky lucky dog to have you. He had a WONDERFUL life and was spoiled by his mommy!

We will miss you so much Duke! Have fun playing at the bridge... and send your mommy a doggy-angel hug from heaven!
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

Val, I am very sorry you had to make this decision. {{lots of hugs}}

Rest in peace Duke, you are greatly missed.
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

Val, I'm so sorry to hear about Duke's passing. I know you did the right thing though and it was a very difficult decision but it was also a very unselfish one. Duke knew that you loved him and would always do what was best for him. Now he's playing up at the Bridge and is healthy again. You'll meet again some day. RIP sweet Duke.

Val, I'm so sorry for your loss. I'll miss seeing your sweet boy.

RIP Duke
    {{hugs}}

It was so hard coming home today. When I opened the door, for just a few seconds, I looked for Duke to greet me. My heart sank when I remembered he wasn't there. Mom made tuna salad tonight and I said I wished we could have given Duke a boiled egg. He dearly loved those. She said she didn't boil any extra on purpose because she didn't want to see it laying around. I'll try to find a video of him eating one. My brother said he's never seen a dog eat something so delicately before.

My Dearest, Most Loved Duke,
    I miss you so much right now. I want you back so I can tell you how much I love you and hug you tightly once more. Last night I begged you to come visit me so I hope you can. You will forever be a part of my heart and soul. You were my furry soul mate. I am so fortunate to have found you. You turned me into a dog person. I was a cat person for you. You changed me forever. Last night I was petting you, trying to memorize everything so I could have it with me always. As I was hugging you so close today at the vet, I hope you had no doubts about how much I love you. I feel blessed that I could give you peace in your time of need. Though my heart is breaking, it's no longer hurting because of your illness. There's a peace there that tells me this was the right decision. I'll be waiting unpatiently until we can be reunited. I love you so much, I would have gladly died for you to live but then you'd feel my pain. It was always going to be too soon for you to go. I miis you so, my sweet baby dog.
    This lyrics from Snow Patrol describe how I felt last night and for a while, I did forget the world. It was just you and me.
    If I just lay, if I just lay here,
    Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

I'm glad your grandmaw remembered the canned chicken. When I didn't think you'd eat it, you did. I'm so happy we were able to give you that last good taste. I think it even perked you up a little. I'm happy you were able to enjoy at least half the ride to the vet sitting up, enjoying smelling the fresh air and looking out the windows. I also thank you so much for your last gift to me. These pictured of you looking happy, with your ears up and no sadness in your eyes. I will be eternally greatful for that last gift from you. I miss you so much, my heart just aches.

Pictures in next post.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Val, I am so sorry. Don't you now that your dad and Corinna were waiting with open arms when Duke stepped in? I know many good friends to greet him, too.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Logan

I wished I could have gotten a better pic of you and Doogie but I understand. He's got a mighty big job ahead of him for these next few months.

And Beauregard saying goodbye to you. You were so sweet and gentle with him

My sweet, happy boy

I've left this next one big and I'm sorry for the people with dialup. This is the next to last pic I took of him and I just love it.

You'll be forever missed by me, my sweet dog. I love you.,always.

You loved your ear song from grandmaw. She was too upset to sing it for you last night. I'm so glad I have it forever. I remember the way you would just smile after that. You thought it was the most special thing ever. You were one of a kind, my dear dog. I'm so thankful you blessed my life.
    Attached Files Attached Files

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

I'm so sorry for your loss Val. Duke is running free at the Bridge with loving memories of you!!!! God Bless.
    Tim ~ Majestic Collies

"Just when you think there are no Angels, a Collie comes into your life"
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take
    but by the moments that take our breath away"

GIVE ME THE HELPLESS, THE LOST, THE HOMELESS LITTLE ONES STRUGGLING TO LIVE; SEND THESE WEAK,
    ABANDONED LIVES TO ME, I OFFER HOPE, CARE, WARMTH AND MOST OF ALL LOVE,

Pledge of a Rescue Worker

I am so sorry Val.

Valerie, I hadn't seen the thread you made yesterday, I had no idea I'm in tears now that I've read your last post.
    I know how hard it must be for you not to have him by your side anymore. Treasure the happy moments you spent with him, he will always live in your heart.

RIP dear Duke. Play hard at RB.

((((((((HUGS)))))))))
    Lola, the mutt, 2 years old

Anita, the dachshund, 7 years old

Oh goodness, I'm in tears. The second to last picture just speaks volumes about Duke's spirit. You can see the life just sweltering inside his soul. He knew and you knew that letting go is the greytest gift of love you could ever possibly give. Rest in peace, Duke. Death is only the beginning of an everlasting life.

Oh Val, I'm so sorry that Duke is gone, but you made the right decision for him. He will love you always, you can tell the love between you both in those last photos. I know that he meant the world to you. Cherish the memories you have of him. I'm honored that I was able to meet him. {{hugs}}