Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Beloved Duke is at RB...

I'm so sorry...Duke, you are so missed down here, please watch over your mama from the rainbow bridge, okay?

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Val, it's so sad that you had to let Duke go, but he is free of pain now. He knew how much you loved him, and he has left his pawprints in your heart forever. If he could talk now, he would thank you for doing this at the right time. I hope it will be a comfort to you that he had such a great life with you.

Rest in Peace, dear Duke! You will always be remembered.

(((((hugs)))))

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Valarie~

I realize that I cannot offer more than my Sincere Sympathy for you right now~

I've had you and Duke on my mind throughout the evening and well into today.

Yes, You did the right thing~ Offering your last "Loving Gesture" for such a Wonderful Friend.

I will continue to Hold You in my thoughts and Prayers

May You Play Hard at the Rainbow Bridge , Dear Duke~
    Rest in Peace Corinna~ Well Never Forget You~

I"VE BEEN FROSTED

I am so sorry to hear this. Last night and this morning the only thing on my mind was you and Duke. My thoughts are with you, Val. Duke was and still is grealty loved, and he is greatly missed.

Rest in peace, Duke.

Jasper
    [Irish Setter]

I am so very sorry, Val. I know how much your sweet boy meant to you (and don't worry, Duke knew just how much he meant to you as well). Please know that you gave him the best (long) life a dog could ever ask for and both he and you were very lucky to have eachother. Duke was one of my very favourite PT dogs. He sure was a special boy.

(((hugs)))

Val, I'm so sorry. Duke is up at the RB watching over all of us and catching up with all of the PT RB dogs and Corinna. I'm sure they have a special place up there for all of us when it is our time. He was a special boy, we all knew it and most importantly, Duke knew it. He's pain free now. You made the right decision as hard as it was to make. I'm sure he has found your father by now and they are having a grand ol' time.

Prayers are with you Val.

Duke,

You will be missed, RIP handsome boy.

Amber
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

Smile <A Call Home from the Bridge>

<rinnnng>

Herrow, MOM?
    HI, Mom ... Duke here - up atta Bridge ...

Cinder & Smokey's GranMom let me use da Hot Line in God's Office -
    sed I otta Call Home an let ya know I arrived A-OK an
    am gettin settled in here at the Bridge.

I *miss* ya Mom - but try not to fret so much - I'll be OK here till we can meet up again.
    I already feel like a Pup again - I'll practice *fetchin* so we can play again when you get here.

Gotta tell ya - after we sed our "See ya Laters" at the White Coat's Lab ...
    the *Phunn* really started!

Guy named "God" pulled up out frunt onna big Silver Klowd ... sed fur me to Hop Aboard!
    WOW!
    Whudda RIDE! --- Krazy Gurl named Shadow wuz drivin - hadda Fiur Hat on backwards ...
    didja see us doin LOOPS inna parkin lot?

Got outta towne an da God Guy sed *I* kuld drive fur a while ...
    NEET-O, Mom - I'll borrow da keys an gib ya a ride some time!

I *missed* da Bridge commin in fur da landing ... I need a lil practice wiffa landings!
    So we made anudder pass around da ole Durt Ball --- lil Tubby wanted ta *wave* at
    the Rollin Howze inna desert; an Sophie Bunnie wanted ta *ThUmPz* at Piper an K'Cee ...
    we made a lotta Visits affore God sed we otta get back.

I'll be *watchin* ya, Mom - NO Tears - OK?
    Ya can *miss* me iffin ya need to ... but no fretttin ... I'm gonna be OK till ya get here!

Oh ... almost furgotz ... The Gang sez I gotta organize a Replacement Search Committee -
    ta find a suitable Orphan to move in so my Stuff duzint go ta waste. You get
    ta make requests -
    be thinkin bout it ... but don't dilly-dally ... da Committee hates ta see empty
    howzes!
    They sumtymes just send a s'prize - so keep my water bowl filled!

LUV ya Mom ... God sez He'll send sum {{{Hugs}}} down tanite fur ya!

/s/ Duke

RIP Duke you are loved and missed by your mom and PT friends
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

Val,I have not been on Pet Talk all weekend and did not know that Duke was failing. I am so sorry that you had to make the decision to let him go. I know how much you loved him. You have had a lot of good years with him and those will always be there for you to reach for when you think about him. I know you helped you through some of the tougher times of your life.

I will keep you and Duke in my prayers.

Phred, wow, what a nice post!

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

I'm so sorry, Val, that no more could be done for Duke. He had a wonderful life in a great home, and he knew how much he was loved.

Rest in peace, Duke. You will not be forgotten here.

I'm so sorry, I geuss it realy was time for old Duke to leave this earth.

I know you will miss him dearly but he'll always be in your heart no matter what & he gave you a gift that can never be taken away, a gift of pure joy and love rapped with a warm doggies heart and stuck together with a forever tied friendship between you and your little sweet Duke.

Bless you Duke may you be at peace forever now!

Here is a video of rainbow bridge for you, please take care.

http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

I'm so very sorry to hear of Duke's passing. Of this I am certain - you will see each other again, one day.

Oh no not another PT pup.

R.I.P Dukey your free of pain now.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Valerie, I don't even know what to say. I am helpless and unable to say anything that will make this easier. I love you, even though we've not met, yet. And, I will always love Duke.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Oh, Val! I just came on today to see this. I didn't know Duke was ill. I know how concerned you were about this day coming. Your posts showed us all how much you love Duke, so I'm sure he knew how much he is loved. No words can make you feel any better about losing your sweet boy, but hopefully, knowing you have the support of us at PT will help.

Play hard at the bridge, Duke. Please tell our other bridge babies "hello" for us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ladies, we need to stop comparing men to dogs. Dogs are loyal!" Wanda Sykes