Thread: The camera I may be getting

The camera I may be getting

Finally! I convinced my parents to get me a camera. They are probably getting me this Olypus Evolt E-500 from Sam's Club. At Sam's they are 699 dollars. At other places they are about 800+. I am getting it for Christmas. I won't be getting anything for my birthday in March, either, because it is so expensive. I don't mind. The guy at Sam's told me it is Pre-pro, which is a step before Pro cameras. He said he recommends it for me because I am a beginner, but it is still a high quality camera. It comes with Macro and Zoom lenses. It's comparable to the Cannon that came out before the newest ones. I'm sooo excited! I will have this camera for a VERY long time. The guy told me (at Sam's) that I'll be able to use it all through high school and college and longer if I want.

Anyone happen to have this camera? How do you like it?
    http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/olympus/e500-review/

I'm hoping I can acctually start selling my pictures once I get good enough. (I know they won't be worth much, but why not?)
    My cousin has a Canon Rebel non digital, and she sold a picture that she took of two dalmations during a snowstorm. She got 45 dollars for it. She's only had her camera for about a year.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

This is an absolutely amazing camera - it's an SLR! Just ask BCollie_Kelly.. she has it.

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

Those cameras are great! Yes BCollie_kelly has it and as you can see in her pictures it works great!
    [muneca]&[chiquita]

Wow, Danielle, that camera will usre last you a long time! It will definately be worth it. I would love to sell photographs to but I really have to start working on my photography.

I actually have the Olympus Evolt E300, which is the model that came out before the E500. Both are awesome cameras and I would recommend them to anyone looking to get into photography. Like you were told, it is considered to be a pre-pro camera and it works like a charm.

I've had mine for over a year now and as much as I love it I'm actually considering upgrading soon. Before I decide to do that, however- I'm going to be researching quite a bit.

You're so lucky!! That's the camera I want (either that, or a rebel). It seems to take awesome pictures.

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

Quote Originally Posted by BCollie_Kelly
    I actually have the Olympus Evolt E300, which is the model that came out before the E500. Both are awesome cameras and I would recommend them to anyone looking to get into photography. Like you were told, it is considered to be a pre-pro camera and it works like a charm.

I've had mine for over a year now and as much as I love it I'm actually considering upgrading soon. Before I decide to do that, however- I'm going to be researching quite a bit.
    Wow! I had no clue you had this type of camera... your pictures are amazing. This is awsome, I'm glad that you all recomend this camera. I'm hoping that I will be able to become better at photography with a better camera, that has more settings, that I can become used to. I have a Kodak Easyshare C310 right now. Alyssa, you are getting really good at photography... I'm sure you could sell your pictures. I'm really into photographing nature, that's what I plan to work on most. Thanks for the replies everyone.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*