Thread: I look so silly...plus I need to rant! :)

I look so silly...plus I need to rant! :)

I look so silly being pregnant. My stomach is so huge already I think it's gonna burst. Of course this is my second pregnancy and everyone I've talked to says you show a lot on the second one because your body already knows what it's up for. But I look silly because I only ever gain weight in the front. Granted, I don't mind a little extra weight a little up top, hehehe, but having such a small body and this ginormous belly just makes me feel a little awkward.

People are already coming up and touching my belly. They don't even ask! I don't mind if people touch it but can't they ask first? And have you noticed there are two different types of belly touchers? The first group is composed of people who have the common courtesy to ask and will softly rub your belly and lay their hand there as if praying to buddah. Then there are the dingbats who run right up to you yelling and screaming like they won the lottery and poke you in the tum. OW! People will always confuse me.

Anywho, I feel so awkward because I am only 3 months. I am showing yes, but still not enough for any sort of maternity pants to fit. Not to mention how silly I would look shopping at the store with all these super preggo 8 month women and their big bellies. Any suggestions on finding clothes that fit when you're not that far along?
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

They're not great for the ego but two things that you can do are to A) wear your plan pants and wrap a hairtie around the button and button hole. That would give you a few extra inches of wiggle room. B) You can also just buy your normal clothes in a bigger size. I opted to go straight for my early maternity clothes rather than buying bigger sizes because my self esteem couldn't handle my buying a size 16 I am right there with you with showing early this time around. I wanted so badly to make a t-shirt that says "Look but don't touch" when I was pregnant with Tyler!!
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh honey- you dont look silly pg.. I remember being able to put my hands around my belly like making a hoop... Its expected and accepted- now go find a taco and chocolate ice cream cone...lol.. Its on me!

Quote Originally Posted by borzoimom
    now go find a taco and chocolate ice cream cone...lol.. Its on me!
    HAHA! Both of those sound so amazingly yummy right now LOL!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

I could fit in my normal clothes for the first 5 or 6 months of pregnancy. I never had to wear maternity clothes, I just bought comfortable, loose pants. My first pregnancy was the same.

AMADEUS AUGUSTUS SEBASTIAN THEODORE

Quote Originally Posted by Sirrahsim
    "Look but don't touch"
    I'm about ready to do that LOL! Do you have any tummy pics?
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Not fair! I can't even lay on my tummy anymore. That's what I miss the most.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Quote Originally Posted by borzoimom
    ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh honey- you dont look silly pg.. I remember being able to put my hands around my belly like making a hoop... Its expected and accepted- now go find a taco and chocolate ice cream cone...lol.. Its on me!
    I was back to normal size in 4 months... Dont worry about it... you are PREGNANT!!!

LOL, I know. I just don't think it's fully hit me yet.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Quote Originally Posted by luckies4me
    LOL, I know. I just don't think it's fully hit me yet.
    being pregnant is great- you have to do things but you can relax too.. I mean you are pregnant and God Bless you and your baby!