Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. Lady <3

R.I.P. Lady <3

Hello all,

I know I rarely come around here anymore, but I feel like a lot of PTers I used to talk to on here knew Lady well, and coming here seems better than talking to people who barely knew her.
    Last Saturday, 10/28, we had to put Lady to sleep. She was not in good shape at all - she could barely get up from bad arthritis that would only worsen in the winter, along with other issues that had a lesser influence in the decision. Everyone agreed it was the right thing to do.
    I was not there, but my dad and grandparents were. My dad came home in tears and described to me how it happened. Lady was his whole life, he hasn't really been the same since she passed. Obviously it is justified, it's just sad to see him so empty looking.
    When they put her down, it only took a little bit to stop her heart. So we knew it was her time to go. As all of you already know, losing a member of your family, whether human or pet, is one of the toughest things to go through. Lady, through her loving nature and friendliness towards everyone, connected our family in such a way. She was truly special to us, as all of your pets are special to you and your families. When my dad took her out of the house and to the vet, and I said my last goodbye to her, she didn't look like the dog I used to post pictures of... she looked sad, and in pain. Even Sally knew what was going on. She normally didn't get along with Lady... but that day, she jumped up onto the bed and cuddled next to her and they fell asleep together. So even though it was hard to do, probably the hardest thing my dad ever had to do, we couldn't let her feel anymore pain; it just wasn't right to do to a dog that gave us endless amounts of love.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with Lady, she was our 12-year-old German Shepherd.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.
    - Brittany

Lady was a beautiful girl. She looks so regal in that photograph.

RIP dear Lady.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

Oh Britt, I am so sorry about the loss of lady. She had a good life, though, and is now romping again at the RB in a younger, stronger body. You will be together again one day.

I sure wish your return to Pet Talk wasn't with such sad news. (I do think of you often)

Take care my friend. {{{{{HUGS}}}}

RIP Beautiful Lady! She was such a pretty girl. I'm so sorry for your loss. (((Hugs)))

I'm glad you came back to tell us about Lady.What a sad occasion
    to lose a part of your family like that. It really is the saddest things in
    the world to see a once young & vibrant dog, grow old & infirm. I'm
    sure she will be missed by all your family. Rest In Peace Lady.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Rest in Peace, sweet Lady. You were so well loved here on earth, and I am sure you are having a good romp up there at the Rainbow Bridge. Say hello especially to my Sheba girl - she's a German Shepherd mix, but she's mostly black with tan legs and silly tan spots for eyebrows. She's been there a good long time, so she'll know where the good treats are hidden, where the best napping spots are, and which animals enjoy being herded, too.

Welcome back Britt, even if it was for the sad occasions of Lady's and Corinna's journey to the Rainbow Bridge.

I remember your sweet Lady, I'm very sorry to hear of her passing. Rest in peace, Lady.

Rest in peace, Lady. You had a wonderful life, and now are free to run and play pain-free!

Britt, it's great to see you back, but I'm sad that its because of this. How's your other critters?

Lady was a beautiful GSD. I am so very sorry for your great loss.
    Lady, go find Killian and Shiloh at RB, they'll show you around........
    Hugs.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\Desktop\My Pictures\Ruffin3.jpg[/IMG]

Britt I'm so sorry to hear about Lady. She really was such a special girl and she's going to be missed by so many people.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Britt, so sorry to hear of your loss. Welcome back, it is a shame it is under these circumstances though. Lady was a beautiful dog, may she play hard at the bridge.

Rest in Peace, Lady.

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

Oh, Britt! I do so remember Lady, and am very, very sorry to hear of her passing. Though it is so hard, and hurts so much, this was the ultimate act of love and courage. Gentle hugs to you, and all those that loved Lady.

Johanna

Unhappy

So very sorry that Lady was needed at The Bridge.

Give your Dad a Big {{{Hug}}} tonight.

Rest In Peace, Dear Lady!

/s/ Phred

im so sorry to hear you have lost sweet Lady!

sending you and your family some {{HUGS}}
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky