Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UPDATE* Well wishes and good vibes for Moxie please

UPDATE* Well wishes and good vibes for Moxie please

My little Moxie Moo isn't feeling well. First she had bloody stool for a day or so and the vet said it was probably from the dewormer, then on Tuesday night it turned into horrible gas and soft stool so I took in a fecal sample Thursday and the vet left a message that it was negative. I guess for parasites but not sure. Well Friday I noticed her inner eyelids stay up when she gets tired and she gets tired quickly. Tonight the soft stool has turned into runny BMs and the smell is awful.

She's eating like a horse but just turns around and poops it out immediately. I don't think she is growing at all. She's drinking a lot and I've noticed today she feels warm. She is still playing like crazy but wears out fast.

I will call the vet in the morning and insist they see her ASAP. I think this goes way beyond the effects of a dewormer she was given two weeks ago.

Here are a few pictures from Thursday morning playing in the kitchen.

Jazz was teaching her the art of stretching. Cat yoga I guess.

Please send her some good healing vibes and wishes. I sure hope she is okay.
    Last edited by jazzcat; 11-06-2006 at 04:13 PM.

From Decker with Love

Awwwe! Good vibes and serious prayers for that baby. There is something going on that the vet is missing! Keep us posted!!!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Lori, it sounds like either Coccidia or Giardia. I would demand they treat those. She needs to start a course of at least Albon, if not something stronger! If you aren't satisfied with your vet's action, take her elsewhere. Good luck!

Kim

Quote Originally Posted by kimlovescats
    Lori, it sounds like either Coccidia or Giardia. I would demand they treat those. She needs to start a course of at least Albon, if not something stronger! If you aren't satisfied with your vet's action, take her elsewhere. Good luck!

Kim
    Kim, I know you said it sounded like Coccidia last week and I was hoping that was what the vet checked for with the fecal sample I took in but I'm not sure. That was the day I went to pick up Decker and his momma and it was a bit crazy. I told one girl what Moxie's symptoms were but another girl took the actual sample and then later called and left a message saying it was negative and to bring her in if she was still having problems by the first of the week. I should have called back and asked negative for what exactly.

Now I'm worried that she may be spreading it to Decker. She was also out around my guys from Saturday to Thursday last week so I'm praying they didn't catch anything.

Poor little girl. She's so tiny and so sweet. I just can't stand to see her feeling poorly.

From Decker with Love

Lori, I'm so sorry to hear that Moxie is sick. Before I saw Kim's post, I also thought that it could be coccidia. My Starr had a very bad case of it and finally recovered when he was with me and away from other kittens because they kept reinfecting each other. I hope that whatever is wrong with her that it can be easily treated and that she'll feel better soon. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way. Please take care.

If it is coccidia you might want to buy some of those disposable aluminum tins and just use each one for one day and then throw it away. This way the litterbox will be kept very clean and free from the coccidia.

Prayers for Moxie. A sick kitten is such a sad sight.

get well soon xx

cuddle up somewhere warm - hope you feel better soon

valentine - puurss and kisses to you! xx

Aw, Moxie, get better quickly! Your bro needs you to show him more toys!!!

Oh sweet widdle Moxie, how I pray that it isn't that nasty Coccidia and just a bit of an upset tummy.

Prayers on the way for you sweetie and ((((((HUGS)))))) for your meowmie as I know how worried she must be.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

UPDATE:
    The vet couldn't find anything in the fecal exam but is treating it as Coccidia. She feels pretty certain that is it. Decker has it now too.

Poor little Moxie. Her rear end is so sore today and she cries when she goes. She has gained a half pound in the past two weeks which the vet said was good but not as much as a healthier kitten would gain.

She and Decker are now on Albon plus I'm suppose to feed them plain fat free yogurt. The vet said she would call me Wed. to see how they were doing and to call immediately if they got worse.

From Decker with Love

Oh poor little Moxie, and Decker too. I hope the treatment will help get rid of it.

Occasionally, Fister had a bit of blood in his stool and my vet recommended to feed him Hills W/D along with S/D. At the time, I had been giving him C/D. After he changed his diet, there's been no problems.

Good luck and kisses to them both.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Poor little kitties........I hope they are starting to feel better.

(I'd cry too, if my rear was that sore)

Lots of good thoughts and prayers for Moxie and Decker!
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

Oh babies! Sending all my healthy vibes to you tonight.

Ah gee. These two are SO lucky to have someone who knows, cares, and understands tending to them! We are all sending best wishes to the 3 of you!

We are starting prayers for Moxie and Decker , and we truly pray that the White Coats can do something for them.

They are such sweet babies!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS