View Poll Results: Do you own a beware of dog sign?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

11 24.44%
  • No.

18 40.00%
  • I want one.

4 8.89%
  • I would never use one.

2 4.44%
  • Don't have a dog. ( Poor you )

3 6.67%
  • Other (did I miss anything)

7 15.56%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Signs?

Up North. Where all your troubles freeze and fall off.

Signs?

How many people own Beware of Dog (or the like) signs? Why, (like for what purpose? ) To keep out intruders? That's what mines for.
    STILL AVAILABLE BY E-MAIL

I have a "Caution: Dogs on Premises" sign as around here, I heard that you're supposed to have something as a warning that you have dogs. We just have it to warn people that there are dogs in the house, or in the yard. I don't like the ones that say "Beware of Dog" as it makes them sound vicious and more often than not, the company who makes them put a horrible picture of a Doberman or German Shepherd on them.

I like making my girl sound vicious. Keeps away unwanted people. She is very vicious at the door.

From the other thread:

I'm sure there are people that will think a beware of dog signs means dangerous dog. It might keep people away, but what about the people that complain? Or, if the dog does happen to bite someone (on or off the property), could use that against the owner.

I wouldn't use one, but would choose another.
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
    Robert McCloskey

My insurance agent advised against a "beware of dog" type sign. He said that if someone came on my property, invited or not, and got bit, the sign is a legal indication that I knew my dogs might bite and makes it easier to sue me!! I think that's just plain stupid, but he is the pro so I follow his advice.

I do have a KEEP GATE CLOSED signs everywhere! Plus a couple of joke signs in the yard. "Caution, musher at play", "I can get to the fence in 2.1 seconds, can you?"(with a picture of a husky on the sign) and one that says "Pets welcome, Children must be leashed."

I don't have one - I don't need it. My dogs barks are enough.

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

I have them simply for protection now i have seen some very vicious sign i was at this Bargain mart store and they had a sign saying("Beware vicious pit bull with aids").That really errrrked me .Anyways wed my friends 3 year old back handed Lacy because she was Licking her,And thank god lacy never responed she ran whinning needles to say Taylor was asked to leave along with her mother,that might ruin a friendship but as a mother your children should not be doing that and thinking it is ok.

I have the ones that say these premises monitored by Newfoundland security also one for springer need one for boxer.
    I've been boo'dMerlin my angel

We have one...we have a Dalmatian statue on our front porch and its hanging around his neck. lol At my cabin we have a sign that says Beware of Owner, never mind the dog

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

I don't have any signs but I am thinking of adding one that says "keep gate closed."

About two weeks ago I let the dogs out and the gate was closed. Five minutes later when I checked up on them they were gone. I found them down the street playing with some kids. I *suspect* that maybe the kids opened the gate since I can't figure out any way that they could have opened it and they haven't gotten out since. I didn't accuse the kids, it could have easily been a fluke, but maybe the sign will help.

I have a sign that says 'I can make it to the gate in three seconds, can you?' It has what looks like a Lab on it. It's just to let people be aware I do have dogs in the fence, although we don't leave them out alone. I guess it also warns them that they could come running out of the house at any moment.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Quote Originally Posted by k9krazee
    \At my cabin we have a sign that says Beware of Owner, never mind the dog
    LOL, we used to have one that said that too! I forgot about the magnetic sign on the front door. It does say beware of dog, but it reads in full "beware of dog and the cat is not trustworthy either."

Well I was going to get one that said "Beware of Dog" but it had a vicious German Shepherd on it and since my dogs look like Pitties I don't want people thinking Pitties (nevertheless any dog) are mean... I would get one that said "DOGS ON PREMISISE" or "DOGS ON PROPERTY".

Quote Originally Posted by Glacier
    LOL, we used to have one that said that too! I forgot about the magnetic sign on the front door. It does say beware of dog, but it reads in full "beware of dog and the cat is not trustworthy either."
    LOL that's a good one. I'd get it if I had a cat......

I'd love to get these ones. Check out the first one, it is so awesome. I'm asking *Santa for it for X-mas.

There are so many awesome dog signs. I also like the onles that say This is MY side of the fence.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	awesomesign.bmp 
Views:	88 
Size:	334.4 KB 
ID:	31064   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	awesomesign1.bmp 
Views:	67 
Size:	325.8 KB 
ID:	31065   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	awesomesign2.bmp 
Views:	76 
Size:	330.5 KB 
ID:	31066  

We do.
    We have stuck up people in our neighborhood that walk by our house and threaten to call the cops because my dog barks at them... he doesn't even leave the yard, but if people walk in our yard(since we don't have a sidewalk on our street), they tend to think Frisk is coming after them, when really, he won't get any closer than four feet from them.
    We have a No Tresspassing & Dog on Premise sign.
    Since we've had the signs, only one lady has walked in our yard and actually yelled at us that my dog was vicious and was near to attacking her(he wasn't).
    I hate some of the people in my neighborhood.

I only have a Beware of Dog sign on my bedroom door.. as if Ethan(my dad's dog) sleeps with me, he gets protective. Just a warning to visitors not to open my door when he's in there. =)