View Poll Results: In the case of divorce or breakup, who would your fur/scale/feather kids go with?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • All with me, no questions asked

26 60.47%
  • All with them, no questions asked

0 0%
  • We would share custody (rotating, visits, etc.)

2 4.65%
  • Pets brought into relationship go with the original person even if bonded with one of their babes

6 13.95%
  • Pets brought into relationship leave with the original person unless bonded with one of their babes.

8 18.60%
  • We would "split" them accordingly.

7 16.28%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In the case of divorce or breakup, who would your fur/scale/feather kids go with?

In the case of divorce or breakup, who would your fur/scale/feather kids go with?

This is a discussion on another forum.

In the case of a divorce or breakup, who would your babies go with?

I hate thinking about divorce, as well, I love being married.

BUT, *IF* it ever actually came down to it... I would take Spanky, the gerbils, and two of the cats (Bailey and Isis). Troy would keep Scarlet and Soni. I couldn't break up a bonded pair like that.

I would keep Tibby and Corkscrew since I've had them since before we were dating and Alexa would take Tuna, Pocky and Payson since they were hers before we moved in together.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

I know it sounds odd, but it has already been set in stone, that if something happens between hubby and I, the pets will all go with me. Hubby loves all the critters, but he knows how much they mean to me, and I have brought them all into our lives. He is okay with this set-up, and is happy that there will be no arguments, if the situation arises. He had a bad time with his ex-wife, and decided he wanted these things discussed before hand.
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

I guess we would split them accordingly.

Justin would take the reptiles and I would take the birds and rodents.

The dogs and cats would be the hard part as neither of us would ever want to be without any of them. We'd have to find a way to split them somehow.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Not that it's in the plans, but should it ever happen--Stuart gets Muskwa and Polly Paws. Muskwa because Stuart had him before we even met and Polly Paws because, by her choice, she is his cat. Polly hates me! Since I own the house, everyone else stays with me! If you asked him right now, Stuart would tell you that he has one cat, one dog and all the rest are mine!

I have told him though that if we got divorced because he cheated on me, if I didn't kill him, I would fight him even for Muskwa and Polly, just to make him extra miserable!
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

I would keep all of the pets I had before we got married.

He would take his impossible-to-housetrain, neurotic dachshund. (Can you tell I am a tad bit bitter about that dog??)

As for Rosie ... I bought her for Joe for a birthday present, 5 months before we were married. But, since he's at work all day and I'm home all day, I raised her. And actually, for all intents and purposes, she is my son's dog. He LOVES that dog, and she LOVES him. So, technically she's my husband's dog, as she was a gift, but she attached herself to my son so completely. So, I think I would keep her.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

All of my dogs are in my name, and my name is on all of their records. *MY* dogs are my dogs, period.
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
    Robert McCloskey

I would take the animals. DBF isn't really an 'animal person'.

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Pets brought into the relationship by the other person would take them with him... because the animals would be bought/adopted by him and be his dogs, not mine if I didn't adopt/buy or pay for them.. but MY pets are MY pets and they would NOT go with the other person.

Honestly I think Shawn and I would probably be fighting over custody. Wo both love all three so much, I don't think either would want to live without them. We would probably share custody, or rotate, or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyBogart
    I would take the animals. DBF isn't really an 'animal person'.
    HAHA.......my case too!!........no questions asked...... ALL go with me MARRIED or DIVORCED...LOL....
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

No worries there, they would all go with me. My husband don't like any of my cats, and he don't like my dog. Now he would probably want Mario.

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

I'm not sure about that..

None of our were actually brought into the relationship. We both agreed on getting them, so technically they belong to both of us all except for Morgan.

I think there would be a huge fight over who got Baby. Baby is my heart. I feel the same way about her that I felt about Felony, and Robin feels the same way towards her as well.

Morgan would definitely be mine. She is my dog. I train her, take care of her, walk her, etc. Robin likes Morgan, but not in the same way she likes our other dogs.

I have no clue how we would decide who gets Deebo. He's our son.

Sully and Simon are soon to be adopted into their new home. Someone is taking both of them, so they wouldn't be a question. Though if we were keeping Sully (like I wish we could), Sully would be mine. I love that little man so much, and have actually been crying because the people that are getting them wanted him too.

We don't even technically have Paris yet, so neither one of us has developed a strong relationship with her.
    She is still at her breeders house since we are still in Texas due to our car needing some work done to it before we are able to leave.

I'm not married but when I move out/go to college Oslo and Tigger are mine for sure, Terrence is my sister's and Niño would be a problem, there'd probably be a huge battle.

Niño & Eliza