View Poll Results: Informed someone about Pit Bulls?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 62.96%
  • No

10 37.04%

Thread: Have you changed someones mind about...

Have you changed someones mind about...

Pit Bulls? For example informed them that pit bulls are not vicious and caused them to end up loving the breed?

I know Pet Talk informed me about pit bulls And I informed 2 of my friends and am working on my parents..

I acutally changed my -own- mind about pitbulls, after meeting my moms bf's pitbull Zeus.

I'll be the first to admit, that the only kind of dog i was ever afraid of was pitbulls. My neighbours (when i was younger) had a pitbull, and I was over visiting the girl when the dog came up, sniffed my hand, and then bit down on it and held it - hard enouugh to make punctures into my hand. I didn't freak out, and the dog didn't shake it or anything, and eventually let it go. I was all of about 11, so I didn't report it (she was terrified of what her father would do). Cleaned up the holes, and never went to their house again. Turns out that both her and the dog were being abused by the father and her brothers, so I suspect thats what made the dog off.

Then I met Zeus, who was the biggest suck of a dog you'd ever want to meet. Giant head, giant dog - he was convinced that he was a lapdog, and would cry at you until you rubbed his head for him, and would look at you with sad eyes for treats. He passed on back in August, and we all miss him now. Hes the one that got me to stop being afraid of pitbulls, and so if anyone ever asks me about pitbulls as a dog, i tell them about Zeus.

Yes my mom. Everyone else I hang out with love's pit bulls. I guess it's because I am with dog trainers and dog lovers all the time.
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

I never got to know a Pit-bull ... the only time I knew one was when it tryed to chase me when I was little on my bike lucky enough it was on a leash, I road my bike home as fast as my little legs could take me lol.

I have nothing against them, Im just kinda freaked out by them and would never want to go near one lol but I don't hate them because I have read some stories and seen how cute some where.

For me the only animal I ever educated people on is pigeons ... none of my friends hate them.

I dunno about Pit bulls I never talk about them.

A few people I guess. My parents don't need convincing, my mom set up the adoption of our first dog, a dane/ pit mix.

Niño & Eliza

Up North. Where all your troubles freeze and fall off.
    I've never met a pit bull, so whenever I try to tell someone they aren't vicious, they give me the "You've never even met one !" rant.

I'll add "Meet a friendly Pittie" to my summer to do list.
    STILL AVAILABLE BY E-MAIL

I have changed a few minds about them.I take Bobber to training class and she is there for any type of dog even our kennel club put on.
    Being she is a Tri people don't really know what she is so they just start petting her.When they ask what she is,they always look suprised.Arn't these mean dogs?I say sure she will lick your face right off if you let her.

No one I know has a bad opinion of pitbulls to start with, so no mind-changing has yet been needed!

Semi-yes.
    Both parents of mine are kinda against pitties.. as both lived in a large city where there reports of dog attacks kinda often.
    I've been wearing off on them, though... as their veiw is beginning to change.
    Like recently, when I took one of my rats to the vets, I met this awesome Pit(named Duke) and he was the sweetest thing. I told my mum about it, and she didn't respond how she used to. =D

Really, though, I don't talk to people about dogs.... I'm more of a bird/rat person.

No. They aren't that commonly kept around here so they don't really come up in conversation.

Zimbabwe 07/13

Yes, I've changed someone's mind about Pitbulls. However, it was only one person and about 2 years ago. I (with the help of my dogs) have changed a lot of people's minds about other so called 'dangerous' breeds though. I very rarely talk about breeds though unless somebody is completely wrong about them, or it is a breed I love and/or know a lot about.

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

Nope, I've never been able to change someone's mind about pit bulls. Never really brought it up to my friends.
    Most adults think that I'm being a know-it-all and that I don't know what I'm talking about.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

My mom and dad both hate pit bulls, but Baby is such a wonderful example of the breed, they both absolutely love her. Baby has the best personality of a dog I've ever seen, and she is soooo sweet.
    I can't necessarily say that I have changed their mind about the entire breed, but I can say that I have changed their mind about some of them.
    I'm workly on them slowly.

Well, PT deffinetly changed MY mind about the sweet, adorable breed we know as the Pit Bull! I would LOVE to change my mom's mind about them, but that has yet to happen.

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)