Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I saw a very sad thing :[ **PLEASE READ**

I saw a very sad thing :[ **PLEASE READ**

So just the day before Halloween I put up signs that say
    KEEP YOUR BLACK CATS INSIDE
    PEOPLE WILL GO OUT AND KILL BLACK CATS ON HALLOWEEN.
    PLEASE KEEP THEM INSIDE.
    Well it's the day after halloween and I'm on my way home. In someone's yard, right in the middle of someone's yard, lays a dead black cat. It could NOT have been hit by a car, because it is IN SOMEONE'S YARD, RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF SOMEONE'S YARD. My heart drops I'm I feel like crying. I know what happened.

That is just horrible. Our family had a black cat named Smokey. She brought good luck. Not bad luck. Greatest cat in the world.
    I'm A Proud Sister of TWO Pugs

that is terrible! yeah, it's true. recently we have been getting calls at the shelter where I volunteer, there was an article in our local newspaper that said be careful who you give your cats to in "free to good home" adds..some people DO sell them to labs for testing AND I am not kidding you! the lady who runs the shelter said that the people could come down to the shelter and fill out our paper work for dogs and cats.. and we'd have their driver's license on hand. nobody has done it, yet, though but you have to be careful when you are giving your animal away for "free"...because you never know who will get them..if I were giving away my animals which would NEVER EVER HAPPEN!!! I would do a home check and everything to make sure my pets are going to someone that's safe.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

I ALWAYS ask for a donation or adoption fee of at least $50. And get everything in writing. Laboratories won't pay that kind of money for a lab animal. It happens, and whenever I see an ad in the newspaper "Free to good home" I call the people and warn them. Most of them haven't a clue and are glad that I told them.

There are some shelters in Michigan that would sell cats and dogs to laboratories. Ecorse and another town were two that did. It disgusts me!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I know of some labs that will go even up to $75. I would never ask for under $100 for ANY animal.

That poor cat. People are so sick and twisted these days. If that person is capable of doing that to an animal, imagine what it may possibly do to a human in the future.....

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

Sweetie - I have heard of it happening a lot, that a cat WILL get hit by a car, and try to crawl home...and die on the way.

My sister's tabby did that years and years ago, and I have heard of that here.

Poor kitty might have been deliberately killed...but it could have been a car, that's all I am saying.

{{{HUGS}}}
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

That's so horrible. I never let my dogs out on halloween. I'm afraid some stupid kids will do something to them.

I heard that some shelters will not let people adopt black cats before halloween because people want them for halloween only.

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

oh dear, I don't wanna know.. or how many have been killed ..

but catty may be right, hit and run - unless you saw it differently that wasn't being said here.

my three black beauties definitely have always bring me forunates! and I love them dearly.
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

It's horrible. Of course you don't know what happend to this specific cat, but there are certainly some other Halloween victims, if not this one

I am happy that we do not really celebrate Halloween in my country.

Poor kitty.

My parents hustle all the cats inside during the week of Halloween, not just the day of.

The local shelters also refuse to adopt out black cats around Halloween.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

That's horrible,

The black cat that always come's around my nabour hood still has not been seen, I just hope he's ok.

I think maybe you are jumping to the wrong conclusions, lets us all hope so, maybe kitty did just crawl home after being hit, sometimes they dont even have a mark on them, but i have heard about the halloween thing about black cats on here before and i am horrified and amazed, here in NZ Black cats are considered good luck, it is a pity that it is not the same in every country, really is the most stupid thing i have ever heard,superstition can be a very dangerous thing.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Yep, potter was locked in the bathroom all night since he is an escape artist at the doors. The complaining meows were deafening but he was safe
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1
    Sweetie - I have heard of it happening a lot, that a cat WILL get hit by a car, and try to crawl home...and die on the way.

My sister's tabby did that years and years ago, and I have heard of that here.

Poor kitty might have been deliberately killed...but it could have been a car, that's all I am saying.

{{{HUGS}}}
    I guarentee you it WAS NOT hit by a car.

Quote Originally Posted by zoomer
    I guarentee you it WAS NOT hit by a car.
    How do you know
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee