Thread: Another Book Tip!

Another Book Tip!

The Plague Dogs by Richard Adams

I just finished this book, and got to say that it was probably the most touching and moving book I've ever read. I cried my eyes out at some parts.

The book is about Rowf and Snitter, who run away from an animal testing clinic. They try to survive in the wilderness with the help of a wild fox. They fight against hard odds, a journalist, eager for a scoop, spreads out that they are carrying the plague and there are much more that goes on.

It's a touching and wonderful book. At times it describes the nature of the dogs surroundings too much for my taste, but it's really worth it in the long run. The ending is amazing and I was sitting totally captivated, rusing from side to side to know what would happen to them.

I don't wanna describe the book too much because it would spoil it, but I encourage everyone to pick it up! It's alot like Thor in the way it's centered around the dogs, but it's different in the way that the dogs actually speak to eachother, much like Richard Adam's other book; Watership Down.

Please sign my guestbook if you have the time

Ann, that book sounds wonderful, I will have to look into getting it. Thanks for the info.
    Jackie

How interesting! I remember "Watership Down" from my elementary school days and now Adams has written another animal novel....oh boy! Thanks for the tip.

The hairy kids' photo album

Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.
    -Pythagoras

Actually kobieeli, he's written another book too (I saw that one at the old book store too, and will buy that one as soon as I can as well) called Shardik...

Here is a small list of the books he has written (I hope it's a complete list, I just did a search on google for it). Only Watership Down, The Plague Dogs and Shardik has been translated into Swedish though (for what I know).

Please sign my guestbook if you have the time

I will look for it next time I am at the library!