Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have a ? On designer Breeds

Have a ? On designer Breeds

I was looking through the news paper yesterday,And im always drawn to look at the "Pets For Sale" Anyways there was a add for a red Chihuahuas and Morkies pups is that a designer breed or and actual breed i have never heard of it before?
    Last edited by Lori Jordan; 10-30-2006 at 02:53 PM.

Up North. Where all your troubles freeze and fall off.
    I've never heard of it either... Sounds like a Maltese Yorkie. The advertiser probably made it up.
    STILL AVAILABLE BY E-MAIL

I have heard that term before. It is a designer breed... Yorkie and Maltese.

Quote Originally Posted by GreyhoundGirl
    I've never heard of it either... Sounds like a Maltese Yorkie. The advertiser probably made it up.
    no, it's a designer breed that's been around for awhile.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Designer breed is a fancy name for mutt. Shelters are full of unnamed "designer breeds."
    Billy and Willy! (2 of my 4)

this is in my local paper..

Shih-Poms, 1st shots, started on housebreaking, asst. colors, $200 & $250. Mother is Shih Tzu, Father is Pomeranian
    Cock-a-Poo Pups $250. Lhasapoo pups $250. Non-shedding & shots
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

I was at the flea market yesterday and walked by the 'puppy booth'. Maltipoo-$350. Pomapoo-$450. Peka-Chi....$650!!! The pek/chi mixes, there was probably 7-10 of them, NONE were long haired, but several had underbites. I think they were just plain accidental litter mutts. And then they had some "purebred" maltese pups there-only $200. Since when do mutts go for more than the purebreds???

At the dog park the other day, and I was talking to some lady with a labradoodle. I questioned why she got the dog, and she said because it's a rare, up and coming new breed. Her dog was humping everything, and she made the comment that she wasn't going to neuter him because he cost $1500. I told that at the moment, there is one in the shelter, labeled as a 'terrier mix', looks just like hers, and it's only $75.

there is one thing i do not understand,my mother went and got a a dog from the pound,he's a pitt bull/lab.........I will add pictures she just got him last wednesday and i must add he is such a lover....he is too cute,anyways there us no way she could get papers for him and he's a mutt,but how do these owners of these designer breeds register them?it makes no sence as far as im concerned if they can do it every single dog should be registers right???Makes sence,Not that it matters,Just a thought i had,i have nothing against the animal,but i am very surprised no one has put up a stink about these designer breeds with papers and not our mutts that we have got from a shelter,if you ask me there is no difference.

I don't know what kind of papers they are getting. Those 'breeds' aren't recognized by the AKC. Lori Jordan, don't take my comments as attacking you for asking about them, the whole designer breed thing makes me mad, but not mad at you

No worries hun i never thought that i was just wondering how these dogs are being registerd....

My mothers new dog....

I think his name was Beau im not sure if she will change it,this is his picture off the shelter site.

He's VERY cute! I see a lot of the lab in him.

BTW, we got papers with Sylvia, my BLACK Pug. The papers say she's FAWN. We were going to get them fixed. I think they are for a different dog. We just left them as is because we really don't need the papers for anything anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by areias
    I was at the flea market yesterday and walked by the 'puppy booth'. Maltipoo-$350. Pomapoo-$450. Peka-Chi....$650!!! The pek/chi mixes, there was probably 7-10 of them, NONE were long haired, but several had underbites. I think they were just plain accidental litter mutts. And then they had some "purebred" maltese pups there-only $200. Since when do mutts go for more than the purebreds???

At the dog park the other day, and I was talking to some lady with a labradoodle. I questioned why she got the dog, and she said because it's a rare, up and coming new breed. Her dog was humping everything, and she made the comment that she wasn't going to neuter him because he cost $1500. I told that at the moment, there is one in the shelter, labeled as a 'terrier mix', looks just like hers, and it's only $75.

This happens all the time i once seen a add for a english bulldog,it said (English bulldog,1500.00,No papers.so people do pay the extra im sure it makes no sence,When i got Bandit,he was 350.00 as soon as i said i might breed him with Lacy,his price went up too 650.00,i did not care i wanted him,i never did breed them because of his aggressivness,he was not a very well minded dog and i did not want to see his pups turn out to be like him,I loved him dont get me wrong but he has problems not with us but strangers,Look at your local paper everyday,you will be amazed what mutts are going for.

Quote Originally Posted by My Peanuts
    He's VERY cute! I see a lot of the lab in him.

Yes he looks more like a lab,But can you see in his chest that is pittbull i think anyways he looks like a lab but is built like a pitt lol he is such a cute lil guy.

Designer breeds are every where now! everytime i look in the paper, there are more designer breeds than pure(not that i would buy a dog from the paper, pure or otherwise) my MIL, against my wishes bought a cockapoo from the pet store 3 years ago, and it has had cataracts for 2 yrs now!!!! I told her it was nothing but a dog from a BYB but she wouldnt listen, now she has a half blind 3 yr old!! My dog Duke was a result of people trying to make a new designer breed! his parents were both AKC Registered, his mother was a Bloodhound, and his father was a Black Lab! They gave him to me, Because he got too big!!! DUH!! God, it gets me so angry!! I am very happy that in our area, we only have 1 petstore that sells puppies now! I wish there was none, but, 1 is better than the 10 we used to have!! Now we just need to take all the BYB's and have them Neutered!!( I am refering to the breeders, but yeah the dogs too!)
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!