Thread: Molly has a lump

Molly has a lump

Last night I was petting Molly and noticed she has a lump on her right side, between her tummy and back. It's about 3cm long. It feels solid, but moves a tiny bit when you push on it from sides. You don't have to press on it to feel it, even by lightly stroking her you feel it.

My Mom said maybe it's from her shots - but she had those 2 1/2 weeks ago, and the lump is not where she received her shots. Even if it was - shouldn't she not have a lump from a shot? (She got her rabies and one other - can't remember it at the moment)

Mom is going to call the vet and see what he says and get him just to check it out.. I'm just wondering if anyone has any idea what it could be?

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

It could be just a fatty cyst. My Goldens are notorious for those. I think it is good that your mom is calling the vet, though, just in case. Usually the vet can do an aspiration of the lump to see whether it is something to worry about or not.

Hope Molly is going to be just fine.

Logan

.... bump.

But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

Hang in there BC, Don't think the worst. Go with the check up. Maybe she ran into something if you just noticed it causing some swelling in that area. It can be anything.
    Last edited by MajesticCollies; 10-25-2006 at 06:23 PM.
    Tim ~ Majestic Collies

"Just when you think there are no Angels, a Collie comes into your life"
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take
    but by the moments that take our breath away"

GIVE ME THE HELPLESS, THE LOST, THE HOMELESS LITTLE ONES STRUGGLING TO LIVE; SEND THESE WEAK,
    ABANDONED LIVES TO ME, I OFFER HOPE, CARE, WARMTH AND MOST OF ALL LOVE,

Pledge of a Rescue Worker

Smokey has a small lump on his right thigh, but it's never grown any
    bigger, or changed at all in the last 3 years.The Vet said not to worry
    unless it grows or changes at all. Only a Vet can be trusted to know if
    it's serious or not. I hope Molly's is just a fatty lump like Smokeys.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by BC_MoM
    Last night I was petting Molly and noticed she has a lump on her right side, between her tummy and back. It's about 3cm long. It feels solid, but moves a tiny bit when you push on it from sides. You don't have to press on it to feel it, even by lightly stroking her you feel it.

My Mom said maybe it's from her shots - but she had those 2 1/2 weeks ago, and the lump is not where she received her shots. Even if it was - shouldn't she not have a lump from a shot? (She got her rabies and one other - can't remember it at the moment)

Mom is going to call the vet and see what he says and get him just to check it out.. I'm just wondering if anyone has any idea what it could be?
    Take puppy to Vet, and have the lump needle aspirated. They will send the sample off to a pathology lab for examination. Check around on the dog for other possible lumps. Prime areas are under the jaw line, and rear legs just about where the muscle ends and the bone begins. There are lumps, and then there are lumps.

Thansk dragondawg , we'll be getting an aspiration done ASAP. I haven't found any other lumps.

I'm paranoid about lumps, Boxers are known as "tumor factories" by many vets. I hope it's nothing serious. It could just be a bruise or fatty lump as was mentioned. My Ginger had a grade 2 mast cell removed from her neck at the age of 2-1/2, she just turned 6 and has been doing fine with no recurrence, so even if it's something like that, it sounds like it's in a good spot to get clean margins, so try not to worry too much. Hopefully the aspiration will turn out to be nothing.

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008