Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Application accepted - THEY'RE HERE!

CAT-CONGRATULATIONS!!

I missed this at whole first time - glad it was bumped up.

I know how hard they can be on you, especially at beginning where they give some daredevils. always remember it'll take time and double-attention for the older cats - those little kittens will be too busy having fun!

hope things would settle down very soon, again - congrats! they're so beautiful, lisa!
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Thanks for the advice. I'm not sure when they ended up at the rescue, (I'll ask Michelle) but it wouldn't surprise me if they were taken from their mom much too soon. The kitties made it through the night. We put them in the bathroom with their bed, food and litterbox. They did very well. No crying. Lots of exploring and used the litter box. This morning they are out exploring. Pepper is growing more interested in them. Halo and Cammie are still hissing and spitting.

We've chosen Willow and Willy for their names. Like I said, I haven't had a boy kitty in over 30 years. So, I have to keep reminding myself he is a boy. So, I started calling him Willy-Boy. The name Williwaw was already on our list (a strong mountain wind), but we shortened it to Willow.

Willow is much calmer than Willy and sat for a photo shoot. (Willy freaked out at the flash and ran under the bed. So, we'll wait for another day or so before trying that again. Here's Willow...

Last edited by kuhio98; 03-24-2008 at 10:52 PM.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

My Gus suckled on his brother and 2 sisters.It's now getting less and less.

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

I'm glad that they're doing well and at least Pepper is becoming interested in them. I love the names that you've picked out and Willow is gorgeous. Her coloring reminds me of pussywillows so this is a great name for her. I know how hard it is to take pictures of kittens and even though Pearl is 1 she still usually won't still long enough to have her's taken. Please continue to update us and pictures are a must too.

I hope everyone settles down soon. Willow is a gorgeous girl and it's so great that you got them!

Willow is Gorgeous!! I love the Milk Mustache she is sporting!!! Got Milk???(yes I know it is fur, not milk!) he he he he h he he he!!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

Kuhio,

What gorgeous kitties!! They sure look like they've settle in. I'm so glad you got them. They are right where they belong.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Oh Lisa - how exciting!!!! How fun for your family!

Those big girls will stop the hissing more than likely - may take days, weeks or more. I have absolutely had the "nursing" kitties and I would not try to separate them - it is just comfort for them. Dennis and I had an adult male that "nursed" a little male kitten and they never did outgrow it. Harvey (adult) would get irritated nipples sometimes but our vet just chuckled.

It will be fun to read your updates and to see pictures once the babies are more used to their new home. I am also VERY curious about names

edit: oh my - I did not read all through the thread...missed page 2... and now I see that they have names and there are pictures too!!! YAY!!!

Cangratulations on your new additions to the family.

Gosh they are beautiful cats and those pictures of Willow are so lovely.
    She is gorgeous.

Just from experience, wasn't it a little too soon to introduce them to your crew though or is this the way you wanted to go? Just wondering.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

CONGRATULATIONS, HOW EXCITING!!!! Willow is just beautiful, and looks quite relaxed on her new sofa! Can't wait to see Willy boy come out of hiding!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

So adorable! Congratulations!

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Things are progressing well. Willy and Willow are still running around happy and healthy. I've lost count of how many kitten scratches I have. Willy still isn't too interested in a photo session. It's hard to photograph a moving target! Here's the best we've got so far...

We'll keep trying.
    Last edited by kuhio98; 03-24-2008 at 10:54 PM.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Congratulations on the new arrivals to your family. I love the names.

Willow's face looks like she has a milk moustache and Willy is just so very handsome.

Congrats again.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

Congratulations!! Willy and Willow are just precious and I'm so glad they are with you, Kuhio!!!

They are both GORGEOUS! I am in LOVE!
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I