Thread: Lump

Lump

My golden retriever, Grace is only 7 and has a bump on her back, near the base of her tail. Does anyone know what this could be? It feels strange...and it is only that one bump...It's not like attatched to her muscle and when you pet her, it moves under your hand...I'm worried about this and I hope it's not cancer...
    Owned by Titus, Bob, Alice, Trixie, Honey, Chesterfield, Al, Oreo, Dave, Ed, and Tyr!
    In two short months I will have my dream horse, Cesar!

Quote Originally Posted by Addie
    My golden retriever, Grace is only 7 and has a bump on her back, near the base of her tail. Does anyone know what this could be? It feels strange...and it is only that one bump...It's not like attatched to her muscle and when you pet her, it moves under your hand...I'm worried about this and I hope it's not cancer...
    Could be a whole bunch of things. At the base of tail is fatty tissue so it could just be a hemotoma- meaning she bumped it or a few pounds over weight and made a lump inflame.
    Usually bumps in that area are harmless. If you are really worried, take her into your vet. It depends- at 7 years old could even be just a pimple that well if you put her under for like a teeth cleaning, you could take it off, but other than that, its no harm to her. Sorry but i cant see your baby so i am speaking as though what I would do not knowing...

Quote Originally Posted by Addie
    Could be a cyst, or fatty tumor. But all lumps on a dog should be checked and when in doubt needle aspirated by the Vet for a Pathology lab. It's better to be safe and have it checked.

Thanks both of you. I will get her checked out son to be sure it is nothing serious, and you can't really see the lump, so it would be pointless to take a picture...but I appreciate the inputs!
    Owned by Titus, Bob, Alice, Trixie, Honey, Chesterfield, Al, Oreo, Dave, Ed, and Tyr!
    In two short months I will have my dream horse, Cesar!