Thread: Cookie's nose is wet.....

Cookie's nose is wet.....

much of the time. Is this normal or should I have her checked at the vets? I remember some years ago about hearing that if a cat or dog's nose is wet most of the time, that they could be infected with a virus?

.........wayne

No Wayne, I actually heard the opposite about cats, I heard it was a healthy sign if cats nose is wet.

Obviously not to the extreme, but if you are at all worried you are probably best to consult your vet.

Netherlands (where I'm from) & Germany (where I live)
    Rudie's nose is always wet, Eddy's nose always dry. Both are the examples of good health. The vet said, it was more of an old wifes tale than anything else. If you're worried, check with your vet.

hi !!!!

is Sydney here !!

zust zo tell ye me noze iz always wet !!!!!!!!!!!
    me mommie lovs tat !!!!!!! (me tooooooooo !)

Yeah, Tubby's nose is usually wet, and Peanut's is usually dry. I guess I never thought to ask about it because they seemed healthy otherwise. I would say if you're concerned you could call the vet. They might give you some info over the phone.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Storm's nose is also always wet and cold. Pepper's is usually dry but it can also be wet and cold. Sunny's is also usually wet and cold. I've only had problems when their noses were hot or very warm. This usually means that they have a fever.

Any chance of a runny nose? My cat, Noah, gets a runny nose around this time of year - allergies. Kind of funny with all the kitty sniffling and sneezing

Thanks for all of your replies to such a (simple) post.

Noahmason, yes, perhaps I did not state it correctly, Cookie has a runny nose, although it doesn'f feel hot . she has been sneezing a bit, lately.

I am a bit concerned for her welfare, because she is not only a very affectionate tiny cat but also, she is a perfect mama cat. ( I do want to take good care of her. ) She takes in any kittens, regardless who gave them birth, and takes good care of them (with the help of Blue) -and this being her first litter! (Now that most of the kittens are feeding themselves and playing about, she will be next on the spay list.) If it wasn't for her, I would have more feral kittens around. But as it is , all of my kittens are affectionate. -as far as can be seen at this early date.

...........wayne
    Last edited by wayne0214; 06-03-2002 at 08:14 PM.

A runny nose could mean a cold or URI
    On the other hand, one of my cats has a bit of a runny nose and eye, but he is healthy- maybe just a bit sensitive

Thanks for all of the input on this question. Sorry to have taken so long to give an update.

Apparently, Cookie's wet nose was a temporay affair, because it has been dry for the past few days, now. So, I am thinking that it could have been something in the air, such as pollen or a reaction to dust or whatever, because she was sneezing along with her wet nose. Since then, we have had some new pacific weather fronts come through here, and as usual, the colds, flu, and allergies change. Just curious if any of you would know more about this subject than me. And as usual, I can rely on the good people of Pet Talk to come up with the correct answers.

........wayne

Princess' Nose is wet alot around this time of the year. I got worried a few weeks ago cause her nose was hot and runny so i took her to the vet and he said cats get allergies also. so yay kitty is healty

My Kitties Are Love!

Find out what it means to me!

Cats noses should be moist maybe not soaking wet and if a cats nose is soaking wet, they could have a cold but a cats nose should be dry that could mean they might have infection. My three cats noses are wet most of the time but sometimes it is dry.