Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: I think Buck has a blockage - HE'S HOME!!! *Pictures on pg 5*

I think Buck has a blockage - HE'S HOME!!! *Pictures on pg 5*

Good thoughts would be appreciated that he will be able to pass it, throw it up, or that it's not a blockage. I really am nervous that he's going to need surgery. He's got a vet appointment in about an hour.

Nova has had two blockages before and all of his signs are like what she's had ... vomiting up bile numerous times, lethargy, just in general feeling crappy.
    Last edited by .sarah; 10-22-2006 at 02:26 PM.

Sorry to hear that .sarah. Good thoughts going out for Buck and you.

poor Buck! I will hope and pray he'll be okay. (((Buck))) please keep us updated.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Good luck. Hope Buck is back to normal soon.

Don't beat yourself about leaving stuff around. You can't pick up everything all the time! Dogs will eat the strangest things! A friend of mine just had one of her dogs spend several days at the vet--same symptoms as Buck. Turned out he had eaten a sock!! He went home yesterday and should be fine.

I hope it turns out to be nothing! Let us know. Prayers for him that he's fine. Cracker ate a pincusion once when he was 9 months old, the kids had left it down and he thought it was a ball. He swallowed several pins. He was able to pass them all though, after being fed cotton balls, and the vets didn't find anything on x-rays. I'm sure Buck will be okay, it's not your fault, if he did get something it was an accident.

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

Poor Buck, hope he can pass whatever it is without needing Sir Jury!

Good vibes on the way for Buck, i hope it turns out not too serious sarah {{Hugs}}.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Poor guy! I hope everything goes ok with him. You both will be in my thoughts and prayers. (((Hugs)))

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

Prayers for you and Buck.

Doggies sometimes have to try out new things, that are not always good for them. My girls got into the kids crayons several years ago and pooped technicolor for a week, no harm done. My Sasha ate the eyes and nose from a stuffed bear at Christmas time one year. I was rather amused when I was cleaning up the yard and found an eye looking at me. The kids dog at their moms house ate a set of dice and had to have surgery to remove them.

I am sure that Buck will be just fine.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Quote Originally Posted by Glacier
    Don't beat yourself about leaving stuff around. You can't pick up everything all the time! Dogs will eat the strangest things! A friend of mine just had one of her dogs spend several days at the vet--same symptoms as Buck. Turned out he had eaten a sock!! He went home yesterday and should be fine.
    Nova had eaten a sock 6 or so months ago and she ended up vomiting it up. I hope Buck can do the same. Dogs really do eat the strangest things.

Thanks for the good thoughts. We're getting ready to leave in a minute, I'll update as soon as I can.

oh, Poor boy! Hope all turns out well..prayers and hugs to you and Buck, Sarah.

I hope Buck will be okay!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

It's so hard being so helpless when we love them so much!
    {{hugs}} to you and Buck, I hope he's feeling better soon!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Hope everything is ok!

Buck is in surgery. They let me feel his stomach, and it was obvious that pushing on it was painful to him. They took xrays and couldn't tell what it was. They're going to call when they have found it, and I can go back to visit around 5:30 (it's almost 3:00 now). He has to stay overnight at least, and if there is a blockage, maybe even a few days to a week. Please keep him in your thoughts, I'm very worried about him.