Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Update on the Babies

Update on the Babies

Ok its been almost 24 hours all the babies are eating good, The wife sleeping as she was up and down with them all Night. They all appear to be doing well, but with them being so young that can change in the blink of an eye. Thank you all for your helpful advice and the many prayers. I have attached a pick of on of the black babies, will be hard to name the black ones till their a little older so we can see their Personality. We will keep posting (on their Health) until the babies are in the clear and and Adopted.

For those who haven't heard the whole story

For those who haven't heard the whole story you can view it here: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...6&page=1&pp=15

What a wonderful thing you are doing, saving these little lives. You have a lot of work in store for you, but the rewards will be so worth it!

The babies are so darling, all of them.

Bless you for all you are doing.
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

I keep re-visiting the picture of the tiny black kitten, she/he is just perfect, and so very contented. It's going to be very interesting to watch these tiny kittens grow on PT, and fun for us since we won't be doing any of the work! I'm sure the black kittens will soon give you an idea of their various personalities so that you can name them. I never name mine by colour, unless the personality goes with the colour like my Taranis who has both a thunder-cloud colour and a thunderous personality to match.

I can't help but think each time I look at the picture, that if it wasn't for you this little body would be lying lifeless in the bottom of a trash can by now.

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    OMG! What a sweet, teeny wittle baby! So cute!

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

I'm so glad they are doing so well.

What a sweet little baby!

From Decker with Love

Sad News

Since the last post we have lost one black kitten and another very weak . We are doing everything we know to do, What is going wrong ? The babies that are sucking like they would on the mommy are very active and the that aren't trying to suck are getting weak is there something more we can do ???

Use a syringe to squirt the food into the ones that won't suck. Might be kind of messy.

Hopefully they will catch on after a few days.

I am so sorry about your second RB baby. I hope they are guradian angels for the rest.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I'm so sorry. I'm praying for the little ones.

From Decker with Love

How precious!!!! I want him!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I just can't wait to watch these guys grow-up! What a wonderful thing you and your wife are doing for them.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Kevlin, even if not all of them make it, at least you know and we all here know you did the best that you could. Those two may have just sick to begin with and nothing anyone did wouldn't have saved them. Don't beat yourself up over losing them, you did a great thing just by not leaving them where they were to die. Not everyone knows what a big heart you have like I do, so just hang in there and keep doing what you're doing.
    Love U Little Brother.............

I think many of us thought it likely that you would lose more kittens, it is to be expected especially since they'd been away from their mothers warmth and milk for so long. It's not much to console you but do take comfort in the fact that they died with something in their tummies, in warmth and comfort. I hope you didn't lose the black kitten that was in your wife's hand?

Sorry to hear you've lost another kitten

From what I've read even if you do everything right, sometimes kittens die from what they refer to as 'kitten fading syndrome'.

Don't beat yourself up, just concentrate on the ones you have left. Do try the syringe idea for those that won't suck on the bottle.

Best of luck with your babies.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

I was so relieved then I read your latest post! It's NOT your fault! When they are this tiny, only the strongest survive. Even with mom feeding them this is VERY common to lose one or more!!! Again, if they are too young or unable to suck the bottle, PLEASE use the syringe. Just be careful to not get it in their noses or lungs. Keep them sitting normal and just barely tilt their heads back enough to pry the syringe into their mouths. They have to get nourishment or they will starve quickly. Again though, it won't be your fault, some times they just don't make it!

That one little blackie looks like a "baby bear" to me!!!!

Keep up the good work!

Kim