Thread: Norwich Terriers!

Norwich Terriers!

I was just reading past threads on Norwich terriers, which wasnt much but in one i read something about terriers have kind of an attitude or something? I dont know much about terriers other than those little Norwich ones are so darn cute!! I've been reading a little off of google about them and it seems as though they are very expensive because when they have pups they only have a few maybe less at a time! Does anyone have any other information on them? thanks!

Have a look here

http://www.akc.org/breeds/norwich_terrier/index.cfm

I should imagine like most terriers they are a bundle of energy and "personality"
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Oh lord, a lady I once knew bred and trained them for conformation and obedience. Typical of a terrier, they have their own minds and are very headstrong. You have to convince them that they should do something. All of hers were very well trained but they were still little terrors. If you like that kind of dog, then then they are for you, but otherwise I'd do a lot of research on them if anyone were to get one. She also had Norfolk terriers.

All I can say is that Bob is a Terrier of some sort and he is tons of fun, but he can also be a bad boy. ALWAYS trying to escape the yard. Like always!!! He can jump like 3-4 feet into the air. I am just waiting for him to figure out that he doesn't have to bite and pull the fence - bending it so he can wriggle and squeeze under it (and he does this in a matter of maybe 30-40 seconds) but that he could probably easily "just plain ol' jump it!!!" Oh my God... he's a handful!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

LOL! Bobs Dad!!

Mine are a Patterdale and most probably an Airdale. I love them both but if you want obedience and calm don't get a terrier
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

I haven't been around too many Norwich's but I do own three Jack Russell Terriers...

Terriers aren't for everyone, they're a large dog in a little body with a mind of thier own and generally aren't for the inexperienced dog people; they need constant reminding of the rules. If your looking for a little fru fru' dog that'll be happy sitting on your lap all day a terrier is definitely not for you. They like run, bark, go hunting (my three little terriers have killed so many animals in our yard), dig and can jump.They need plenty of mental and physical exercise. Housebreaking can be difficult too, Micki and Mini weren't reliable at going outside until they were about 6 months old, it also didn't help that we got them in the winter, but even now at 5 years old I don't trust them loose in the house when we're gone. They are very protective of their people and need a ton of socialization early on (just like every dog, but I believe moreso with terriers).

Just make sure you do plenty of research...

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

They are cute dogs, I fell in love with a bitch a handler was showing (she reminded me of a hamster), but all of the ones I have been around have had a horrible bark. I'm not sure if it is breed related, but they all reminded me of the wicked witch's laugh (Norwich experts?).

I love terriers because of their "bad" behavior - I like living with an independent dog and they are definitely not for everyone, especially those who will not be consistent with training or those who don't like a challenge.